Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat's your fave social net?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: What's your fave?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [34.78%]
7 [30.43%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.35%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.35%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [26.09%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 20:47
PA!!
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 03:21
MySpace, because its just so great for music...I have friends on facebook, but it doesn't interest me...
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
markosherrera View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 19:49

Hi progmaniacs of all the world
TGM: Orb View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 19:57
^

This has restored my faith in facebook.
Figglesnout View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 00:40
Originally posted by keiser willhelm keiser willhelm wrote:

facebook. I think its pretty easy to jump on the hate wagon and be 'above that' but facebook/myspace/whatever is really convenient. It makes it easy to keep in touch with friends from back home or friends who went to different schools, even friends form my own school who live in different dorms or apartments. We've coordinated 2 pretty big trips out of sate to go skiing/snowboarding all just over facebook. cant see how that can be bad. Its also good for wasting time

THANK you. Lots of people freak out when terms like the above are thrown around, simply because of some of the ideas/people associated with such (a.k.a teenagers and all the jazz). They assume they are above such juvenile nonsense and do not need any sort of silly communication device or something.

When actually, I have met two friends via myspace, one of which has become a great friend to me.

I have discovered SEVERAL bands from myspace, rivaling even ProgArchives, where I discover a number of bands, because often I can listen to 6 songs from a particular artist, rather than just one or two. And also there are many related artists readily available on sites like last.fm that have helped me discover and find lots of music...

They have their uses, you just have to see past the teenage busters. Hey, if you don't like the little fools, don't add them

It's not difficult to avoid looking like a fool on such sites, since so many people do...and the networking--especially for music--is actually very handy.

Also, in terms of getting info across between many friends/family simultaneously, as well as hearing updated news from many bands, myspace/facebook destroy email....

They are convenient things that, honestly, are overlooked by many just thanks to their reputation. I'm not some Myspace fanboy (hahaha) or anything, I just think it's annoying and typical that many people (and I'm not referring to anyone specifically or, really, anyone on this site) dismiss it because of what they feel it stands for or something silly.

It can be (and has been!) a very valuable resource if used correctly, which isn't hard to do....

Anyway.... /endrant
I'm a reasonable man, get off my case
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 01:08
Myspace is pretty awful, but Facebook is useful for keeping in contact over long distances with people you've met in real life. Digg and such aren't social networks, though...
if you own a sodastream i hate you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12