Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEarly 90's german prog metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early 90's german prog metal
    Posted: May 31 2008 at 17:56
Have anyone of you listened to SECRECY or JESTER'S MARCH? These two bands came from Germany and released a couple of excellent prog metal discs, very rare nowadays...SECRECY's album ''Art in motion'' is a masterpiece of prog music in my opinion,excellent light thrash/speed/techno/prog metal with somekind of psychotic ''disturbing'' vocals and amazing musicianship and complexity...JESTER'S MARCH released ''Beyond''  also about early 90's, a very good album influenced by QUEENSRYCHE and WATCHTOWER in equal doses,typical but unique german technical prog metal...

I think these two bands (along with ELEGY, a quite good prog/power metal band from The Netherlands) should be referenced on www.progarchives.com and anybody who has more information than me about these three groups could create a link about them....I'm waiting for your opinions about these bands, at least those of you who have heard their albums...PROG4EVER...
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 18:48
They sound similar to Sieges Even at the same time, a fair comparison would you say?
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

explodingjosh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 19:40

Edited by explodingjosh - May 31 2008 at 19:41
apps79 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 02:57
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

They sound similar to Sieges Even at the same time, a fair comparison would you say?

That quite a good comparison.Early Sieges Even sound a lot with this bands...I could say that these german bands defined a specific rare to find prog metal sound...They weren't prog metal in the sense of DREAM THEATER but they weren't exactly technical metal as well...The truth lies somewhere in the middle...
 Post Reply Post Reply