Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSummers End Festival, Lydney UK, News Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summers End Festival, Lydney UK, News Update
    Posted: July 04 2008 at 13:26

Less than 3 months to go until the Festival, and it’s time for a news update!

Tickets

All tickets have now been despatched, and should be hitting doormats as we speak.  Those travelling from Europe or the USA (quite a few of you!) should see theirs arrive next week. Sales remain very strong, and with the capacity at Lydney Town Hall set at 300, a sell out is now becoming a genuine – and strong - possibility.  If you have yet to get yours, then we would advise you not to leave it until the last minute. Tickets can be bought online from: www.sonicbond.com

Accommodation

Looks like there will be quite a buzz at Whitemead leisure park (www.whitemead.co.uk) and most of the accommodation there has now gone, with just a few 4 and 6 berth cabins available.  The apartments are now sold out.  Of course, there will still be plenty of other accommodation dotted around this beautiful part of England.  For details, go to www.visitforestofdean.co.uk .

If you’re looking for accommodation, why not join the Festival yahoo Group, and ask if anyone has any spare capacity in their accommodation at Whitemead? http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/summersendfestival/

Band News

As some of you will already be aware, there have been some changes to the line up of Sunday Night headliners the Tangent, with Beardfish, as a unit, replacing Jaime and Jonas, which means there may be as many as 8 onstage at Summers End!  Andy Tillison consulted us on the changes at an early stage, and we are happy to give him our complete support to what we consider to be a very exciting development.

IQ have just posted a website update, giving progress on their new album – which also reveals that Peter Nicholls is feeling much better and singing with the band again, which will please IQ fans everywhere!

Frost* are currently on tour with the mighty Spocks Beard, and reports suggest that they are getting a great reaction, playing a mixture of old and new material with new member Declan Burke.  Summers End will, of course, see a much longer set! The band also have a new website at:

http://www.frostmusic.net/

Magenta play three dates later this month beginning with the splendid Night of the Prog Festival at Loreley, Germany, on July 19th alongside fellow Summers End band Quidam, plus dates at the Peel, Kingston and The Limelight, Crewe on July 26th and 27th.

Meanwhile Saturday openers Overvibe have their new “Armature” EP available to download from www.indiestore.com/overvibe.  These are all short, up-tempo songs, but should give you some idea of what a compelling opening band they should be.

Full ticket details, line ups and band links can be found at the Festival Myspace site at:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=81373561&blogID=387594563

Stephen and Huw

Summers End Festival
www.myspace.com/summersendfestival
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2008 at 06:18
The yahoo group link doesnt work, it keeps trying to go to a MySpace page thats been removed.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Lambsie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2008 at 06:58
Try this:

The Myspace link does work, but has been erroring out a bit - a myspace problem I think! It seems to work right now, though (or rather it worked for me).

Stephen

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2008 at 07:36
have just purchased a Friday night ticket....Clap
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Lambsie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 18:46

Hi All

With under 6 weeks to go, we are delighted to announce that Saturday day tickets for Summers End - the day headlined by IQ and Magenta -  have now sold out! We still have a very limited supply of 2 and 3 day tickets for the Festival, and it's likely that Sunday day tickets - The Tangent and Frost - will also sell out sometime before the Festival. Sales for the Friday - Threshold - have also been very strong but remain in good supply due to the higher capacity at Lydney Town Hall on that night. Gold tickets will come off sale in a few days to allow us time to get the special "Gold packages" together.

We have been completely overwhelmed with the demand for the Festival, and are thrilled that our first sell out is looking more and more likely!

See you in September!

Huw and Stephen

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 04:14
^^that's great news...Clap

can you tell me when I can expect to receive my Friday night ticket?Big%20smile

Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Lambsie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 05:02

Just waiting for the last batch of tickets to be printed...the envelope is sitting on my desk, so should only be a couple of days, hopefully!

Last nights announcements produced a little surge of sales, so if anyone wants a ticket for pretty much anything apart from Friday or Sunday day tickets - buy them now!

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 09:08
Ordered my Friday Tix  Big%20smile

If anyone wants to say Hi, I'll generally look pretty much like my profile picture most of the time.

Edited by Dean - August 19 2008 at 09:10
What?
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 12:19
^In that case, me and Jared will see you there Dean.

Glad to hear that this is looking like a sell out event.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 08:10
^ It'll will be good to finally meet you and Jared - I'll no doubt be hanging around with the Season's End guys & gal near their merch table (if they have one).

My tix arrived today Big%20smile ... or rather the postman posted them through the letterbox in the middle of a downpour, so they hit the mat with a splat. Luckily the tix themselves survived undamaged.
What?
Lambsie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2008 at 06:44

Hi Everyone

With just 5 days to go, it’s high time we completed some Summers End information!

Ticket Sales.  With Saturday and weekend tickets sold out we still have tickets for Friday and a handful for Sunday left.  Anything left unsold will be available on the door. If anyone would still like a Saturday or weekend ticket or has one to sell email [email protected] and we’ll try to help if we can.  No promises, though!

Getting in! This year we’ll be running a coloured wristband system for entry over Saturday and Sunday to help people get in and out of the venue quickly and easily.  This will not apply on Friday but weekend wristbands will be available to pick up from Friday at the Sonicbond / Festival stall, so make sure you bring all your tickets with you when you arrive for the first time.

Car Parking / Transport.  There’s limited car parking at the venue, but you can also park in Tescos car park or in the residential street opposite the venue.  We are still hoping to help provide transportation to and from Whitemead, and will announce details at the middle of next week.

Door times: Also, please note doors open at 12 noon on both weekend days.  Music starts at 1pm on Saturday and 12.30 on Sunday.

Onstage Timings. Timings are accurate at time of writing but of course can, and most likely will, change at any stage!

Friday 26th September

Doors 7pm

7.45 – 8.45 Seasons End

9.15 – 11.00 Threshold

Saturday 27th September

Doors 12noon

1 – 1.45  - Overvibe

2.00 – 3.00 – Abarax

3.20 – 4.30 -  Quidam

4.30 – 6.00 - Break

6.00 – 7.30  - Magenta

7.30 – 9.00 – Break

9. 00 Doors

9.15 – 11.15 – IQ

Sunday 28th September

Doors 12.noon

12.30 – 1.20 Glow

1.40 – 2.40 Thieves Kitchen

3.00 – 4.00 Abel Ganz

4.00 – 5.30 Break

5.30 – 7.00 Frost*

7.00 – 8.30 Break

8.30 Doors

8.40 – 10.40 The Tangent
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2008 at 06:57
Thanks for the update Lambsie. Looks like I'm going to have to get my arse in gear to get to Lydney by 7:45 to see Season's End Confused
What?
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2008 at 15:14
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Thanks for the update Lambsie. Looks like I'm going to have to get my arse in gear to get to Lydney by 7:45 to see Season's End Confused

or take the afternoon off work...Wink

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2008 at 15:50
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

or take the afternoon off work...Wink

I'm not the problem, (I don't work Friday afternoons), it's those coming with me Wink
What?
 Post Reply Post Reply