Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTraumfabrick (Italy)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traumfabrick (Italy)
    Posted: July 23 2008 at 14:56
http://www.myspace.com/traumfabrick

From the myspace page:

Originally posted by frommyspace.com/traumfabrick frommyspace.com/traumfabrick wrote:

Traumfabrick was a sound project conceived and played by a collective of musicians and “non-musicians” with the intention of researching new forms of musical language based on group knowledge and experience. The name of the group was an obvious homage to the world of comics (Andrea Pazienza and Filippo Scozzari, among others). Traumfabrick, which has no connection to the German meaning of the word, dream factory, intended to provoke active reactions from the listener, trying to combat the indifference that often pervades him. “Traumfabrick is a sound machine that intends to reawaken the sleeping senses of contemporary man.” Formed in January 1995, the band, composed of Stefano Maramarco (guitar and vocals), Giambattista Mele (drums) and Salvatore Visaggi (guitar), made their first self-produced demo tape (Traumfabrick, 1995) and a CD (Totentanz, 1997). After Totentanz was released, bassist Matteo Bennici joined the group. With him they record a mini CD (Città Violenta, 1998) and a split 7” in green vinyl, divided with Erasermen. All the work was received very well by the specialized Italian press (see slideshow). Città Violenta, aside from being an homage to Ennio Morricone, came out as an enclosure with the magazine Blow Up, and the book was an unpublished drawing by Giuseppe Palumbo (Frigidaire, Ramarro, Diabolik). In 1998, they came in third at the "competition for unconventional musical projects, sounds and words... PREMIO DARWIN 1997" and, in the same show, they were also awarded the critic prize for the "most progressively alternative work of 1997". After a long period of intense live performances (from Milan to Calabria) and important collaborations, the group, on the verge of a new project in the midst of the recording of new pieces that will never be published, and for reasons of internal conflict, they split up. Thus finished the voyage of one of the most interesting musical and artistic realities from the Italian landscape of the late ‘90s. What you see and hear on this page bears witness to that.

Google translated from Italian to English.  Taken from http://www.arlequins.it/pagine/articoli/alfa/corpo.asp?avar1=&ch=1937

Originally posted by <span><font><font face=Verdana size=2>Francesco Fabbri</font></font></span> Francesco Fabbri wrote:

The astonishing technical skills of compositional lucani Traumfabrick, now based in Florence, were already obvious in the first demo esaminai: these peculiarities are regularly confirmed in this official debut well extrinsic determination to get madness and lucidity. So not surprising the apparent indifference with which the group allows you to mix in a single pot hard-funky to Faith No More and especially to Primus (for the bass soloist), free-jazz non-academic, stramberie zappiane, cutting riff metal and opera choruses, stemperando perhaps all with melodies'60s or a cover of Erik Satie ... E 'Judging from this exciting form of crossover total, which rifugge easy approvals: I see the Traumfabrick custodians of that spirit that animates, albeit with very different practical effects, Deus Ex Machina and Nando Meet Corrosion, band, the latter decidedly to warmly to open-minded lovers of prog. What, then, Traumfabrick are not a bluff built in the studio I was demonstrated by a concert on the outskirts, most convincingly that despite the logistical structure far from optimal. Recite the book: "The music is entertainment. The show is good. The music is good." The 'sound organised' destroyer is the aesthetics, speaker of ideas. The death of music is essential because the sound alive the sound organized. We encourage you to accelerate their death. "D'accordissimo!

Edited by Logan - July 23 2008 at 14:59
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2008 at 00:56
A little bump (had fallen off page one) because I found this very enjoyable, and it's lovely to share music.  Any opinions?  It's on the avant rock side.... So avanteers might be interested to listen.

Describes at myspace as Rock / Progressive / Experimental.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2008 at 01:05
wow, really interesting stuff, made me want the CD...  well, it's rock and it certainly is progressive, seems like a no brainer.. maybe Avant or Experimental (but not metal), I would even consider them for Heavy

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2008 at 05:14
Thanks for checking and responding. If we had a suitable Experimental Rock category (maybe a good idea since there is an Experimental Metal division) that might be a really good place for it.  As it is Avant is a possibilty (just didn't feel altogether right there even if on that side of things) but as with Experimental Progressive Metal and Avant-Garde Progressive Metal, they are related, of course.

Quote Experimental Progressive Metal
Obviously this style is related to the style “Avant-Garde Progressive Metal” defined in the second group (Extreme/Tech Progressive Metal). The main difference is that the bands listed here are less technical/quirky and generally more calm/mellow than the Avant-Garde bands....

Substituting the word rock for metal here.

Anyway, I'll mention it to ZART, and see what they think.

avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2008 at 07:12
If I were still in the ZART, I'd vote Yes.

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2008 at 17:18
So would I. (if I were or had been on the team) LOL  But your opinion carries a lot of weight, of course even if you do not still officially vote.  Under the current categories it is the most obvious.  No hurry, as you might know me and additions ( takes me so long to prepare them that I don't get down to them enough -- lot of work)....

Unrelated, but speaking of experimental music; just wondering if someone could recommend me a good experimental Krautmetal band? EDIT: I'll ask when I find the appropriate metal drop in centre/ appreciation thread instead of derailing potential discussion about the suggested artist here.

Edited by Logan - July 26 2008 at 17:32
VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2008 at 12:26
Assaf, you can still vote on the ZART chart. Wink

In fact, it would very good if you could.  No worries though.

Oh and I'm checking them out now. Big%20smile

Edited by James - July 27 2008 at 12:32
VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2008 at 12:42
This is very good stuff!

Nice soundscapes, nice sampling, it's not overdone either.  It has jazz and metal elements but also is clearly progressive as well.

Has a Fripp/Frith/Math-rock vibe too.  Smart music!

I'd say yes to ZART but I can see why David wants them too. Smile  I feel there's too much avant for Eclectic.

Edited by James - July 27 2008 at 12:43
Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2008 at 20:05
Thumbs%20Up sounds good to me.
Bj-1 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2008 at 09:49
Agree, I really liked this. Yes from me as wellThumbs%20Up
RIO/AVANT/ZEUHL - The best thing you can get with yer pants on!
EXERIOR Experimental tech/death/progmetal from Norway!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2008 at 13:12
Cool; thanks to all! Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply