FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFor the prog fan that is not a prog fan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2010 at 00:07
Avant-prog should cure any person.

► rateyourmusic.com/~Fastro 2672 ratings ▲ last.fm/user/Fastro 5556 artists ▲ www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=4933 266◄
daslaf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 10:31
Originally posted by Rocktopus Rocktopus wrote:

Originally posted by darkshade darkshade wrote:

Originally posted by MercyfulFatesWarning MercyfulFatesWarning wrote:

I didn't see Van der Graaf Generator your list?  I know they're old, but I'd think they would be right up your alley..

ive given this band more than 3 tries, they just dont click with me. they're almost, dare i say, booooring. i actually fell asleep to one of their albums (and it was 3 in the afternoon and i wasnt tired prior) so yea, no. thanks for the suggestion though Smile

Either you haven't tried hard enough, or the wrong album. If not, just forget all about all my suggestions.

I agree, the first VdGG album I listened to was Pawn Hearts and I totally hated it... I couldn't get into it, it was a bad experience... that was 2 years ago I think, but, a couple of months ago I got Godbluff and Still Life and I was marveled by these 2 albums... I've given Pawn Hearts a few chances since then, but I still can't enjoy it
---

Now Darkshade, I'm reaching the point where prog rock isn't  enough and I'm starting to dig in jazz-fusion, though I'm familiar with some Chick Corea, Weather Report & the Mahavishnu Orchestra... so my musical journey hasn't been so long as yours.

My point is, I don't know if you have check'em out, if you have, I don't  know if you'll like'em or not, maybe you'll hate them... but since you like Zappa, Mr Bungle & Gentle Giant...

you should, I mean... YOU MUST CHECK CARDIACS...

But now my branches suffer
And my leaves don't bear the glow
They did so long ago
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 17:35
I know just what the OP means, most of my friends are like that: they very much like certain prog albums, or certain bands during a period - Thick as a Brick, Fragile, Discipline, Wish You Were Here, etc. - but they could take or leave Prog as a genre and certainly don't seek it out  ..heck I was that way myself for a long time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234