Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: September 10 2008 at 09:15
Hello how's it going?

I have been listening to progressive rock for 6 years now and I am only 18 so yeah I got a bit of a head start thanks to my father who listened to ELP, Genesis (pre-Collins naturally), Jethro Tull, Magma, Pink Floyd, Caravan, King Crimson etc.. in his youth and wanted to introduce me to music.   

Other than the kings of prog cited above, I enjoy Porcupine Tree, Aphex Twin, Radiohead, Squarepusher, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Miles Davis, Keith Jarrett, John Coltrane, Shakti, Nine Inch Nails (the ultimate seXx music), Mogwai, Telefon Tel Aviv and some Shadow Gallery or occasional Meshuggah.

Never was big on stuff like Dream Theater or Marillion etc... although I really appreciate releases like I&W and SFAM the rest is a bit bleh but hey that's just me, the band members are really talented but I just don't like them even though I own the entire discog. of the band.

I am also big on Paco de Lucia (my fav. guitarist ever), Ravel, and Frank Zappa.

Anyway I listen / used to listen to a lot more stuff but that's just what I'm digging at the moment.

P.S: Thanks for the amazing resource that is ProgArchives.
 Post Reply Post Reply