Topic ClosedKing's X/Galactic Cowboys Unite As The Jibbs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: King's X/Galactic Cowboys Unite As The Jibbs
    Posted: September 26 2008 at 13:28
In case anyone is interested members of Houston area based bands King's X and the Galactic Cowboys have united to release an MP3 song under the band name The Jibbs.  Similar to the Traveling Wilburys all band members have taken "secret" identities by taking on the last name Jibb. 

When I started to post this, I thought that they were raising money for victims of Hurricane Ike.  However, upon reading it further it sounds like they were the victims of Hurricane Ike and they are raising money for themselves.  Anyhow, since I like both bands it is still for a good cause. Although, I am scared because it seems to be referencing country disco. Shocked

Anyhow, in case your interest has been piqued here is a link to their MySpace page which includes a place to download the song.

jimidom View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2008 at 08:32

This recording is kinda cool yet unfortunate under the circumstances. My family and I were only out of power for about 4 days due to Hurricane Ike, and we were out of power at work for a week. You kinda take for granted a basic necessity like electricity, and you don't acknowledge that even famous people in the area have been without power or that they still are .

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - HST

Post Reply Post Reply