Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRush may tour South America in late 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rush may tour South America in late 2009
    Posted: January 03 2009 at 09:28

Rush is packing its bags for Chile

As with Queen, the station (Canal 13) got together with local producers and came to an agreement to bring the trio here in 2009. It's one of the most anticipated performances in recent memory.

Almost like Radiohead or Madonna, for years the arrival of the Canadian trio Rush has been one of the greatest unfulfilled promises of local megaevents and the confessed dream of an enormous community of devoted fans that grew up in the rock-and-roll virtuosity of the 70's.

Despite often the multitude of rumors (a while back it was said that they would come in May), the negotiations now offer solid evidence of progress. Eventos 13, the concert production office of Canal 13, met with two local producers almost a month ago and closed a financial deal for the group's debut in Santiago.

Initially, the plan was to bring the group here in March, but problems with the group's schedule and the abundance of events during that month precluded that possibility. The last date that was agreed upon is during the last few months of next year. [Translator's note: Keep in mind that the seasons are reversed in South America, so this will be a summer tour in late 2009.] The venue hasn't been decided yet, but industry sources are sure that the Canadians' elevated price tag and strong drawing power in Chile will demand an arena capacity of more than 15,000.

Even the National Stadium has been considered. Chile's last game in World Cup qualifying is during the first week of October, and the stadium's availability and capacity both make it the best choice for the event. Other options would be the Pista Atlética (Sports Stadium) or the Club Hípico (Horse Track), which will host Iron Maiden on March 22. Furthermore, managers of Calle Blanco Encalada have organized a meeting in the next few days with executives of UC-TV - the same people that agreed to participate in Queen's recent show in November, produced by DG Medios.

Rush's tour through Latin America, which will also include Brazil and Argentina, would be an incredible realignment of effort. The band closed its "Snakes & Arrows" tour on July 24 in Indianapolis and has said that they will rest in 2009. This could be a real treat for their South American fans, the greatest Rush fans in the world. Many Chileans traveled to Brazil in 2002 and appear in the DVD that the group recorded in that country.

This has been posted on the rushisaband.com, here's the link: http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=1710
Do you think it'll happen? I hope it's true and they'll come to Argentina too, but in recent interviews Geddy and Alex have said they will be taking a year off and that they wanted to rest, so I don't know. I think there's already been a rumour of them coming in May last year and nothing happened.

In the end the love you take is equal to the love you made...
crimson87 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 09:51
It's been said several times before. But I think they are just rumours.
ChocloMan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 17:41
I'd totally go see them if they come. I'm not a huge fan of Rush but they have some pretty okay songs.

I just hope they don't play Free Will Dead
rooltush View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 18:29
Any chance of Rush heading to Australia?
SgtPepper67 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 17:10
What's wrong with Freewill?? I love it, Permanent waves is one of my favourite Rush albums.

Haven't heard anything about Australia, but check out the site from the link (rushisaband.com), it's always updated with the latest news.

In the end the love you take is equal to the love you made...
Proglodita View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 18:45
One false alarm more?
P
toño View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 14:54
I agree with Sgt Pepper's ...what's up Freewill?.....I think that one of the best era in Rush are 80's ...I hope they perform all the stuff form there to here in 2000!!!

We'll be waiting...
 Post Reply Post Reply