Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPlease Help End 35 Years of Mystery!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 15:52
Clap One of the most enjoyable threads I've ever seen

Edited by el dingo - May 26 2009 at 15:55
It's not that I can't find worth in anything, it's just that I can't find worth in enough.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 11:59
Originally posted by clarke2001 clarke2001 wrote:

It's "Circumstances" by Capability Brown, one of the greatest prog songs ever.

That would be from the album VOICE ... and it is "Circumstances, Past Present and Future" for the title ... I have to check the youtube link to check ... in my book this is a fabulous album and that piece is outstanding and is as progressive as folk can possibly get and not be "rock" ...

Also good is their first album that has a super nice version of Liar ... the famous hit song ... I can almost hear Nektar in there but it is very good and you can see where they really developed their own sound and personna by the time they did their 2nd album ... unffortunately it also probably killed the band!

It also has one of the best Hipgnosis album covers of all ... the beautiful pair of red lips that is zipped shut ... for a band that does some wonderful vocals ... I really think that is by far one of the most telling stories and album covers of all ... I wonder if the zipped lips is a comment on the band being dead by the time the album was done ... which would take away the irony, and basically say ... she's done singing. The foldout inside of the album has all of the folks singing with their mouths open but their eyes are shut!

Edited by moshkito - May 27 2009 at 12:07
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234