Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCaravan's 'Love Song with Flute' - new version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caravan's 'Love Song with Flute' - new version
    Posted: June 23 2009 at 03:41
LOLFruits de Mer Records is a bit chuffed to announce the release of a new limited edition 7" vinyl single by The Flaming Gnomes, featuring their version of the Caravan pop-psych/popsike (or whatever) classic, 'Love Song With Flute'.

Check out a preview of the track at www.myspace.com/fdmer2
or buy it dorect from us at www.fruitsdemerrecords.com

Many thanks to Ralph Cross at www.caravan-info.co.uk for his kind words of support...

"How does one follow the wonderful original? I guess you do what the Flaming Gnomes have done. They show respect for the 1968 version, producing a sympathetic cover which follows the path of the original, while adding some alternative touches, coupled with the use of modern technology.

The whole thing gels well - good  musicianship and obvious empathy with the music of Caravan - I'm sure the original members will be supportive of this new version.

While Sam Smith's vocals are unlike Pye's (who could replicate that), they sit well with the song and a special mention must go to Phil Barrett, who takes on the role of the great Jimmy Hastings on flute for this version and does a more than adequate job.

Well done Flaming Gnomes and good luck with the release. I can certainly see Caravan afficienados wanting a copy of this. Remember it has been made with love and affection: the drummer William Hayter is a long standing and loyal fan"
Fruits de Mer Records

www.fruitsdemerrecords.com
www.myspace.com/fdmer2
 Post Reply Post Reply