Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMigrants/ Well's Fargo. (RPI)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migrants/ Well's Fargo. (RPI)
    Posted: July 19 2009 at 14:05
 Migrants/ Well's Fargo.

This band has only recorded 2 singles for Bla Bla record and the second (as Well's Fargo) is contained also in the compilation 'Tarzan' of Bla Bla record.

The style of the second single may remember Circus 2000.

I'll send the news about this group that are contained in www.italianprog.com which do not have a page dedicated to them:

MIGRANTS (WELL'S FARGO)

Line-up:
Giuliano Capacci (vocals, bass)
Christian Souiller (guitar)
Claude Mareek (keyboards)
Jacques (drums)

Discography:
45 - In una sera/Fiore (Bla Bla BBR 1304 - 1970)
45 - Run Billy run/Come around (Bla Bla BBR 1309 - 1971 - as "Well's Fargo")

Formed in 1968 in Forlė by an Italian and three Tunisian musicians, I Migrants had a long career ended in 1974, releasing two singles on Bla Bla, the second of which, sung in English with a foreign singer under the name Well's Fargo. Even Franco Battiato helped on the first single as backing vocalist, but both records went unnoticed.
In 1971 Souiller (who joined
I Cliffters) and Jacques quit the group, replaced by Bruno Zolfino on guitar and Eros Laghi on drums, but other musicians played in the band with an intense live activity until the break up.

The reason why I would like to see this group in PA that is the beauty of their second single (the only that I know), example of how the limited resources of a label can kill a band with huge potential.

Mandi,
Andrea.

P.s.: Finnforest has asked me to find a collaborator who can put this band because the RPI team is working on the Sub Def and fails to insert new bands.

Edited by 1967/ 1976 - July 19 2009 at 14:05
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 07:13
For this band we need a collab that insert this band in PA, Since the RPI teamis currently busy with the new definition of RPI (and since I'm not able to insert bands).

The Runaway View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 08:16

An audio sample is what we need.

Trendsetter win!

The search for nonexistent perfection.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 09:25
The samplrs from 'Tarzan' compilation (2nd single as Well's Fargo') are these:

1. Well's Fargo: 'Run Billy Run':  https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y1RxU2VuQVM1aVpMWEE9PQ

P.s.: (Message from yousendit): Here is the link for your file, which will be available for 7 Days or 100 downloads.

P.s. 2: see my previous post in this thread. This band is listed in Italianprog.com and for this motive is OK for RPI team (I remember old type of work, when I was in RPI team. In this moment RPI team is not able to insert bands because RPI team work on new Sub Def and Finnforest I wrote that this band must be included by another member of PA that can do that.

For this reason I wrote this thread (as well as to comply with the procedure).
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 12:09
Mandi,

Chill, bud.  Another Collab is not going to add this group to RPI.  The RPI team will need to eval them.  As I said, we'll get to this stuff down the road as soon as we can.  We're moving slow these days with members who are busy and other members working on other things currently.  This band may be fine but are certainly no huge priority for us.  Please in the future PM me the names of bands you want me to check out so I can add to the list.  I'd prefer that rather than having you start a new thread here each time you think of a band. 

Thanks my friend
Jim

The Runaway View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 16:37
These guys are nice, I could definitely point out that the fact they're italian doesn't mean they're RPI. I would definitely say Prog Folk, ranging from sounds of bar songs such as "Givin' My Love To You" by Gong, to Proto-Prog songs like "The Planets" by Flaming Youth.
Trendsetter win!

The search for nonexistent perfection.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 02:47
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Mandi,

Chill, bud.  Another Collab is not going to add this group to RPI.  The RPI team will need to eval them.  As I said, we'll get to this stuff down the road as soon as we can.  We're moving slow these days with members who are busy and other members working on other things currently.  This band may be fine but are certainly no huge priority for us.  Please in the future PM me the names of bands you want me to check out so I can add to the list.  I'd prefer that rather than having you start a new thread here each time you think of a band. 

Thanks my friend
Jim

No problem, Jim.

As you know www.italianprog.com is just one of Prog inluse site where bands are really interesting (of the 70's).

As you know I love the 70' ... So I thought it would be fair to include the bands of the 70's (as well as contemporary ones). Many are missing and hence my request!

In any case let me know the priorities that the team so that I can participate more actively.

I know very well that they are not a priority. If we are going to see any band has higher priority than another. This band, however, deserves to be included in PA to know the quality of music. That's it.

P.s.: if this band is good for Folk Prog ... I have no problems.

Edited by 1967/ 1976 - July 22 2009 at 02:51
 Post Reply Post Reply