2 [8.70%]
11 [47.83%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2009 at 00:03
Originally posted by TODDLER TODDLER wrote:

I am too in much in fear to think about any conclusions regarding life after death. During my high school days, a young man 3 years older than me decided to take his own life. He convinced his 2 closest friends to bound his hands and feet and surfboard him into a lake. He claimed that he would be resurrected from the dead and that he would be in command of an infernal legion. And he would be in charge of 40 legions of demons. Instead of rising from the dead, he drowned. and his friends were charged with murder. This happened about 37 years ago and it puts things into perspective for me regarding life after death.
Not to be flip, but this is one of the best damn stories I've ever read on the internet.
if you own a sodastream i hate you
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2009 at 10:47
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

Originally posted by TODDLER TODDLER wrote:

I am too in much in fear to think about any conclusions regarding life after death. During my high school days, a young man 3 years older than me decided to take his own life. He convinced his 2 closest friends to bound his hands and feet and surfboard him into a lake. He claimed that he would be resurrected from the dead and that he would be in command of an infernal legion. And he would be in charge of 40 legions of demons. Instead of rising from the dead, he drowned. and his friends were charged with murder. This happened about 37 years ago and it puts things into perspective for me regarding life after death.
Not to be flip, but this is one of the best damn stories I've ever read on the internet.
Thanks for the support. There might be some interesting points regarding life and death in this particular case.Shocked  Obviously, he had read something + was deeply interested in the subject but whatever ritual he was trying to use was so hopelessly screwed up in his mind/interpretation as to be more tragic + stupied than ritualistic, but he was definitely responding to something he had read + believed. Because he was human he could have easily delude himself into believing that his sacrifice would grant him the Philosophers Stone, so to speak, in his sacrifice, but trusting his life to some ritual in a book is pretty delusional & in the end, his act was not a rational one at all.Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12