Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inappropriate Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444546
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2023 at 09:08
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Album release date is September 15. Currently has three 5-star ratings...

You can buy the triple album box set now. They've sold over 200-300 sets.  Miami Scot got a download of the entire triple album, did a video review, and gave it 5 stars.   They plan on releasing separate vinyl/CDs -back to back- over a few months in the Autumn.  You can pre-order the first vinyl/CD from Laser.

Although it's an unusual way to do it...I think it's legit. Wink

Indeed, it is an unusual method of releasing whatever you want to call this. I hesitate to call it an album as it is clearly something bigger. I hesitate to order vinyl (something I don't have the equipment set up to handle at this time), especially at a €150 price tag, but yeah, will probably get the first CD at LaserCD. Hopefully they will load some more stuff from the next two books on Bandcamp, so I can at least listen before buying. Thanks!
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2023 at 16:49
I just noticed that past "members" CAPH and NANCZO had a propensity for rating everything in site with one stars--hundreds of ratings each. Even their ratings "averages" for every category are between 1.0 and 2.0--which means, to me, that they chose the wrong site--or the wrong music--to experiment with.

Anyway, the reason I bring these two to your attention is due to the misleading wording that PA places above an individual's chart ("Reviews distribution by sub-genre"): why is the second of the three categories in the chart labeled with "Nb of reviews" when in fact there are no requirements of having posted a review, only a rating?

I would love to see a chart that charts the actual number of reviews written/posted--the things that take time, sweat, and energy--as opposed to the minimal efforts made by the machine gun fire ratings mashers. 

Just saying. And perhaps ratings and reviews should be even more segregated in the weighting system.

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444546