Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMars Volta...LIVE!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mars Volta...LIVE!!!
    Posted: May 11 2005 at 09:08

Monday, the 9th was one of my greatest concert expiriences. At the Worcester Palladium some friends and I attended the Mars Volta show featuring DJ Nobody. First of all DJ Nobody is NOBODY, this 'set' consisted of a half-hour of ambient-synth-pop samples, like a keyboard demo, from a verry sh*tty keyboard. Once the Mars Volta finally came on it was absolute euphoria. Their set consisted of all of 'Frances the Mute' plus select songs off of De-Loused, such as Roulette Dares, I was disappointed when they didn't play Televators, one of my favorites, possibly the lack of Justin Medal-Johnson playing up-right bass. Overall it was a fantastic show, a really energetic crowd(I came home quite bruised). I recomend them to any prog enthusiast to listen to, I recomend seeing them live to already established fans.

MikeSweedish View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 09:12
By the way, Mars Volta will be touring again shortly with System of a Down, another favorite band of mine, I will definately be present at one of those shows. Anyone have confirmed dates or schedules?
Ankaret View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 09:57
Bleh, they're pretty horrible live. I don't blame them, but that stuff is just really hard to reproduce live without all of the equipment and another 3 vocalists, 2 more guitarists, bongos, etc etc.
Links to musical projects coming soon!!!
the musical box View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 02:04

I saw The Marsvolta live last night in Montreal and they were absolutely incredible.

Their live show has drastically improved since the last time i saw them (two years ago) and they were smack on the money, note for note. They added a percussionist and a saxophonist/flautist, and are completely able to recreate every moment of the albums (in fact Cedric got two standing ovations during songs for hitting glass shattering howls; UNBELIEVABLE!!).

God im still sore....crazy mosh pit guys.....they played over 2 and a half hours.

If you skip out on this tour you are a fool; this cannot be missed.

The set list was as follows to all those interested:

Drunkship of Lanterns
Concertina
Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt
Cygnus....Vismund Cygnus
L'Via L'Viaquez
Roulette Dares
The Widow
Cassandra Geminni (all thirty three minutes and thensome!!)

god....my new fave band!!

something pretentious
 Post Reply Post Reply