FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedmy bands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: my bands
    Posted: May 13 2005 at 03:35
I have 3 projects going, 1 is a pisstake Anal c**t style band, 1 is a fictional band that say they release albums but never actually make any music.

These are

Wheelchairs for the Blind - A three piece Anal c**t influenced band who not only do grindcore but a range of different purposely untalented tunes.

Check us at www.geocities.com/wheelchairsfortheblind

the fictional band...

Paracetamol In Purgatory write pisstakes of prog tunes, a concept album involving our own funny impresions of pink floyd, the mars volta, yes etc there is some talk of actually making music but this idea keeps getting posponed cos we are always too busy to start anything.

Check us at www.geocities.com/paracetamolinpurgatory

My final project is about making serious stuff, in a band called Escape From Reality. I have been working on concepts and ideas, i have lots of musical ideas and i have written 2 concept albums (taking over a year each to make), with other concept albums in the pipeline, (my current one is called "making progress"). I have lots of lyrics, currently this band is just me shaping together possible sounds i could use with my lyrics, it could take several more years before any songs are written entirely. I am currently experimenting with a King Crimson inspired ideas by taking instruments like sax and blending it with hard guitar riffs, i am thinking of trying a heavier edge to the music as this is something ive never reli seen blended with classical influences.
The Worthless Recluse
philippe View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 06:45

Nice! good continuation!!

(I just totally dislike your tastes in mainstream prog music...your friends have very bad teenage tastes too)

frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 15:01
Originally posted by philippe philippe wrote:

Nice! good continuation!!

(I just totally dislike your tastes in mainstream prog music...your friends have very bad teenage tastes too)

mainstream and prog go together? grr to mainstream, you've totally confused me
The Worthless Recluse
philippe View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 16:05

...I 'm kidding but for me the real essence of prog music has more to do with free jazz challenging / electronica avant garde than to crap poppy music (played by many of the laughable bands you mentionned)

bands as Dream theater, the mars volta are mentionned in the archives so there's no problem...just a simple mistake for stubborn puritans like me

have fun!!

Edited by philippe
 Post Reply Post Reply