Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: May 13 2005 at 22:28

After lurking around the forums for sometime now and after first visiting the site about a year or so ago, I finally decided to join in.

This site has been fantastic in helping my discover new music and rediscover the stuff that I had long ago stopped listening to.  So, hello and thanks.

Edited by rushaholic - December 18 2006 at 09:33
Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 06:23
Hi and welcome! Yes, the art of getting new music into the household without attracting the attention of the unsympathetic spouse/parent etc. is something one could write volumes about!
"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 11:21

Hi Rushaholic...

I remember being heartily fed up of the 'Radio 1' crap coming out of the school buses speakers when I was about 16, and one day found a half amenable driver who put a cassette of Rush 2112 for the other 40 school kids to listen to on the way home... the journey was about 45 mins, just long enough for the entire album!  Despite protestations, I held them all off the cassette player and told them to sit down and listen to something which was actually worth listening to for a change.

Naturally, although I got sneared at mercilessly for weeks after, I had my moment of glory and by God it was worth it!

Enjoy this site... and join in; its great fun!

Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply