Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDream Experiences

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Do You Remember Your Dreams?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.38%]
17 [40.48%]
4 [9.52%]
1 [2.38%]
10 [23.81%]
7 [16.67%]
2 [4.76%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 11:28
I usually remember my dreams in some detail..

Last night, I dreamt that I was getting married (I've no idea who to) and my best friend had organised a stag party in Hong Kong. I live in Britain, btw, and have never neen to Hong Kong. I boarded the plane, as if it were a bus, couldn;t find any of my friends, and within a few minutes the plane had turned into a bus and was driving through, what looked like, Hong Kong..

..certainly how I believed HK to look like
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 11:29

Last night I had a dream that I started to act the Obi-Wan Kenobi part in Episode 1 where he's falling. Really cool, haha, I didn't have lightsaber or force powers, thoughThumbs Down

About the poll, most of the time.

Edited by The Quiet One - February 22 2010 at 11:36
jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 11:38
I remember a dream I have a couple nights ago...

A mortal Virus is destroying the world, there are few that are trying to scape from the virus and I'm one of them... suddenly those that were dead are becoming zombies and I lead the resistence to try to stop them to eat us... we are in a strange island and we reach the shore, where all the boats are loaded of people who try to scape and I can find a place to scape with them... don't remember what happened next... but I'm sure is because of Resident Evil... a game that I'm playing too much lately...
Change the program inside... Stay in silence is a crime.
The Runaway View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 12:00
Originally posted by NecronCommander NecronCommander wrote:

Unfortunately, I haven't had a dream in quite a while, possibly weeks.
When I do dream, I remember them most of the time, oftentimes because my dreams tend to be so surreal and wonky.  The funny thing is, my dreams seem to make so much sense in the dream world itself, yet when I wake up, I say to myself, 'What the **** was I thinking?  Did that really make sense just minutes ago?'
I also remember certain sets of dreams, from as far back as when I was very young to the present, sometimes because they are recurring 'deja vu' dreams like mentioned before, sometimes because they were incredibly cool or thought provoking, sometimes because they were weird as ****.

Here's an example of the first dream that came to mind:
I owned a one-story motel somewhere outside of a town in Arizona.  Business was okay.
One day, though, a torrential downfall started and the water level on the ground actually accumulated so much that it came up to the windows on the first floor.  It kept on raining so hard that I had to build a second floor above the first just so that my motel would stay above the water level.  This downfall kept pouring rain hour after hour, and I kept building story upon story on my motel - for fifty stories.
After about a week the rain stopped, and I was one story above the water, with fifty stories below the water.  It was actually kinda cool: you could go down levels and look out the windows; for some reason, no water leaked in.  It was like the opposite of a skyscraper.
For about a month, people came in boats over the new ocean planet to stay at my motel.  Then one day, the water levels resided in one night, and my motel, weakened structurally by being underwater, came crashing down to the ground.  Luckily, I could fly LOL

Sometimes I get those lucid dreams, and those are pretty fun, but usually end kinda quickly.
About a year ago I started hearing music in my dreams.  Really beautiful music that was incredibly moving.  But when I would wake up, I could only remember a few notes of the music, and maybe how it made me feel, but that's about it.  Maybe I should try some Toby Driver-esque techniques to try and put this music to writing.

I'd write a movie about that!
Trendsetter win!

The search for nonexistent perfection.
cyclysm748 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2010 at 22:01
In the last month or two I've had two dreams where my oldest brother died. I can remember them both quite well, in the first one I remember being at his funeral, but the funeral was up in this wicker type hut in a tree. In the second it was much sadder and I woke up after balling in my dream, and it made the rest of my day sad. I can usually remember my dreams, the day after and longer if I think about them enough and tell other people.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 16:55
Last night I dreamt I met Vompatti. He looked a bit similar to Noi from the film Noi Albinoi, just that he was taller, younger, a lot thinner. He was also very shy, but he smiled. And was wearing a cap just like Noi. 
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2010 at 15:44
Actually I don't look much like that guy at all, and I don't wear a cap. And a lot thinner?! ROTFFLMFAO!1111I am very shy though, and smile. Embarrassed
Tursake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2010 at 16:11
I always remember my dreams, I can recall dozens of dreams for years ago Big smile They always seem to take place in a dream version of my hometown. I could even draw a detailed map of the place LOL I've always thought that I dream of very weird things

Last.fm: TursakeX
RYM: Tursake
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234