FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJethro Tull - Sheffield City Hall April 1st

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2010 at 18:48
I can understand your comments about his vocal performance (which was not so bad to be honest here...) but I was so amazed by the rest of the show - musicianship, instruments, stage performance and sheer energy.

I could not have any complaints after this !

One small note only - all sitting down during a rock concert is something that can only happen in the UK (correct me if I am wrong...LOL). I dont know if it had to do with the average age of the audience... Strange to see places like the City Hall (perfect sound I have to admit) to host rock concerts...
Lizzy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2010 at 05:42
Originally posted by aapatsos aapatsos wrote:

I
One small note only - all sitting down during a rock concert is something that can only happen in the UK (correct me if I am wrong...LOL). I dont know if it had to do with the average age of the audience... Strange to see places like the City Hall (perfect sound I have to admit) to host rock concerts...

Actually that is just the way Ian likes it: small venue with a seated audience who enjoys some brilliant music. Of course audiences and their behaviour differ from country to country, even at a Tull gig. Not sure about the youth though, if the concert is outdoors, then you might see them moshing to Jack-In-The-Green.:P
Property of Queen Productions...
Tull Freak 94 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2010 at 09:23
I saw just a week before that at Birmingham Symphony Hall on 24th March. The set list was pretty much the same. The highlights for me were the new instrumental tracks (Change of horses, tea with a princess) and the traditional crow pleasers Aqualung and Locomotive breath. Shame they don't do Thick As A Brick anymore, they did it the time before when I saw them at the Moseley Folk Festival.
Tull Freak 94 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2010 at 09:24
I saw just a week before that at Birmingham Symphony Hall on 24th March. The set list was pretty much the same. The highlights for me were the new instrumental tracks (Change of horses, tea with a princess) and the traditional crow pleasers Aqualung and Locomotive breath. Shame they don't do Thick As A Brick anymore, they did it the time before when I saw them at the Moseley Folk Festival.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12