Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAdministrator's I'd like to review releases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Administrator's I'd like to review releases
    Posted: June 04 2010 at 19:31
Didn't know where to post.  A few years back there was a section for this.  I am sick and out of work and own over 1500 CD's, mosly many genres of prog, old and new.  I'd love to contribute to reviews and don't know how to get started.  Please, let me know or direct me to the correct forum.  By the way, I've listened to prog and prog metal, all my life.  I never liked radio and haven't listened to it in years.  I'm seriously into the Italian symphonic scene of old and some new and very much into Riverside and Porcupine Tree as current artists.  I'd have to say, King Crimson's, In The Court Of The Crimson King and Pink Floyds Ummagumma and later Atom Heart Mother, got me into prog and I never turned back. I quickly went through the entire Crimson Catalog and Floyd's, over the years and got into all forms of progressive rock including, Italian symphonic like Banco, P.F.M., Le Orme, and newer bands such as La Maschera Di Cera and The Watch. British Symphonic such as Yes, King Crimson, ELP, and too many to mention,  Zheul, Magma, I love Anglagard and Anekdoten
s dark, Crimson influenced prog, Eloy, Nektar, Porcupine Tree, and  Pink Floyd's space prog, Tull's and Srawbs and Gravy Train's folk influenced prog, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Liqiud Tension Experiment, Planet X, and many Italian fusion/rock bands, Fates Warning, Riverside, Threshold, Symphony X progressive metal bands, and the French, Canadian, Polish, Scandanavian, and Krautrock scene.  I'm into other genres like Canterbury too.  Enough.   I'd just love to contribute.  Much thanks in directing me.Smile
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 19:39
Hi, I'm not an admin but hopefully I can help.  If you want to review an album, you just go to the album's page on ProgArchives.com (NOT the forums), and when prompted log in to your forum account.  After you do that, you should be able to review.  If not...hopefully someone else can either explain it better.  LOL  Great taste in music, there, by the way.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 03:54
You need to pick an album you want to review, go on its PA page, and scroll down to the bottom of the album page, where you'll find an announcement like this:

Post a review of KLAUS SCHULZE "Kontinuum"

You must be a forum member to post a review, please register here if you are not.

Bellow that you'll have the log-in function. After you log-in, you'll be shown the space to enter your review in.

Edited by harmonium.ro - June 05 2010 at 03:55
Paulieg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 05:38

I have been a member for years.  Thanks, by the way.  I want to join the site as a collaborator or any open positions, I have free time now that I'm so sick.  I would love to join the Symphonic prog team as some type of helper.  Heck, I love Symphonic Prog, space rock, Krautrock, Italian Symphonic, progressive and technical metal, and newer progressive bands along with the old ones.  I could help and would love to focus on something that's still positive in my life, being my love for prog and jazz/rock fusion, instead of my illness.  Much thanks.Smile 

seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2010 at 14:01
Paul,

Sorry to hear you are unwell... I hope you are still able to enjoy your garden.

If you want to write some reviews, I've posted a link to bob's reviews guidelines below. You will find all the info you need there. Once you post 30 reviews you can apply to be a Prog Reviewer. Good luck... feel free to send me a private message if you want to discuss anything. Smile    

Edited by seventhsojourn - June 11 2010 at 14:02
toroddfuglesteg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2010 at 14:10

Paulieg. 

Just express your feelings about an album as long as you follow the guide lines and preferable, the link you got from Seventhsojourn. Just express yourself according to your own personality and have good, clean fun here.  I am really looking forward to read your reviews. Clap

Post Reply Post Reply