Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dan Britton (Deluge Grander etc.) new sampler CD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDan Britton (Deluge Grander etc.) new sampler CD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dan Britton (Deluge Grander etc.) new sampler CD
    Posted: June 22 2010 at 18:44
Got this today from Dan by email:

The "Emkog Records Sampler CD" with music by Deluge Grander, Birds and Buildings, All Over Everywhere, Cerebus Effect, and Elevator Machine Room. 

Here's some promotional verbiage:

If you've never heard any of the groups on this CD, this is the perfect place to start. It has 40 minutes of the best music they've released so far, often mastered differently (or "remastered") from the original release.

But if you already know these groups, the CD is still a good purchase because it also has about 18 minutes of music from upcoming releases for 2010 and 2011 and an additional 20-minute track with a self-explanatory title: "A Big Blob of Demos and Early Versions of Forthcoming Music."

So of the 78 minutes on the CD, only 7 minutes have been released before, 34 minutes have been released before but are mastered differently here, 17 minutes will be released very soon, and 20 minutes will be released much later in very different form.

It's for sale at CDBaby at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/emkog for $7.  It's also part of the "$5 sale" at CDBaby, which means if you buy 2 other CDs in that sale, you get it for $5.  Digital mp3s are also available.

Thanks!

Dan

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2010 at 18:48
I have it.  It's a great sampler!

VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2010 at 19:10
Oooh now this could be worth purchasing.
Kestrel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 03:10

Are the remastered tracks different enough from the originals to warrant a purchase?

I am eager to hear some music from Multipurpose Trap though...

Also, what are All Over Everywhere and Elevator Machine Room? Never heard of 'em.

Edited by Kestrel - June 23 2010 at 03:13
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 20:25
Hadn't heard of All Over Everywhere or Elevator Machine Room before. Was just listening to some Deluge Grander and Birds and Buildings this weekend after a pause, some great tunes, although I think that some DG stuff loses focus by the end (especially on the first album). Regardless, I will definitely have to either buy the CD or mp3s.
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 20:26
Originally posted by TheGazzardian TheGazzardian wrote:

Hadn't heard of All Over Everywhere or Elevator Machine Room before. Was just listening to some Deluge Grander and Birds and Buildings this weekend after a pause, some great tunes, although I think that some DG stuff loses focus by the end (especially on the first album). Regardless, I will definitely have to either buy the CD or mp3s.

Avestin - any good recommendations on other artists currently in the $5 sale?
emkogceo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 22:46
All Over Everywhere is soft but intricate progressive-ish folk-ish music.  I am really not sure whether prog fans who liked some of the other stuff I've been involved with would like it, but this sampler CD includes what are perhaps the 15 proggiest minutes of that album, including the 10-minute song "Gratitude" which might be my favorite thing I've ever done.

The Elevator Machine Room material only appears in the 20-minute blob of demos.  It's a weird track to include on a sampler CD, but this way the CD won't just be a worthless compilation of material available elsewhere 5 years down the road.  That group is still working on its first album. 

The demo-blob also includes about 5 more minutes of material from the upcoming Birds and Buildings Multipurpose Trap album.

There are some other good albums in that $5 sale.  After searching for a couple of minutes, I found Childhood Memories by Pete Laramee, a Kurgan's Bane album or two, and Habitat by Man on Fire. 
www.emkog.com
 Post Reply Post Reply