Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Medley

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Medley
    Posted: July 08 2010 at 09:17
I host a prog rock podcast with a focus on live recordings called Love Letters (link in my signature).

Progressive rock artists tend to produce some lengthy compositions, and as their catalog grows they face the challenge of what to work into their concerts. One means used to confront this challenge is to play a medley, and that will be the subject of the first ever Love Letters Smackdown, which will be available for download on the 4th of August in North and South America (the 5th for the rest of the world) and will air on the Dividing Line stream on the 7th. Some would say that medleys are a creative way to incorporate a lot of material into a limited time. Others would say a snippet of a song in a medley doesn't come close to producing the same emotional impact as the complete piece, and would rather not hear a song at all instead of being teased by hearing part of it in a medley.

I'll be joined by two special guests to take a look at medleys, but I'd also like to hear from the Prog Archives community. So what do you think of the medley - thrill or thud? During the show, I'll be reading some of my favorite comments received. If you'd like to contribute to the discussion here but want your comments off limits to being read on air, I will absolutely respect that - just make a note in your post. Thanks in advance!

Get your fix of prog concert recordings on Love Letters.

http://www.thedividingline.com/ll
 Post Reply Post Reply