Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rausch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty McFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 20:18
^ Well, it's your opinion and you have a right to have one.
There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2010 at 00:51
Originally posted by RAUSCH RAUSCH wrote:

Yes indeed; I tread a fine line at the risk of sounding like every other artist expressing "typical artist anguish" over a door being closed, but this time I really must say I am stunned by this Cross-over "rejection." I have spent the past 6 years of my life preparing what I had felt would be the quintessential offering for this very purpose Cry

To all: Is it true that to be "let in" via the "Prog Related" category, you can only get there with a certain level of "clout"? This is kind of silly, again not to appear egotistical, but sooner or later I am certain RAUSCH will be checked in here one way or another; I had just really hoped it could be sooner than later ...

Thank you for your continued efforts, guys...

I fully support addition of this artist in our database. I think it would be beneficial for both the artist and the website (as well as for the prog audience). Much more is going there than what is visible at first sight - and one must ask: where's the thin line between progressive rock and intelligent and complex pop music. Rauch indeed shows the aesthetics of an indie-pop band that could easily be on radio airwaves - and I won't question the judgement of the Crossover Team - I respect their opinions. But Rausch contains the same shtick that was popping up occasionally in rock history - the affinity for piano sonatas and operetta (in lack of better term) that is difficult to pin-down, but it could be find in music of Queen or Sparks (only without pompousness in vocals) . It was always a curse for such bands because it's not easy to pigeonhole them.

Ultimately, I believe they deserve an entry in prog-related. It's true many artist there are influential, but it's also the place for influenced bands - and Rausch is certainly influenced by prog, regardless of what one think if they're prog or not. I mean, we are talking about a band with members related to Shadow Gallery and Spock's Beard, it's not that someone proposed Madonna for inclusion for God's sake!

Let's say we have a band such is Rausch and want to add it in the database of a music-genre database. Where? To MetalArchives? JazzArchives? PolkaArchives? Regardles of 'prog' or 'not' tag I say ProgArchives; our circle is full of open-minded and versatile music fans who are willing to explore challenging music.

If this conversation got stuck in dead end, I will propose Rausch for prog-related. I won't promise anything, but I can give it a try.

at Rausch: please don't get too confused if all this looks too analytical and official. We are a great web site, you know, Smile with really comprehensive database, and friendly people on the forums, you're welcome to join any conversation!  But, since we have such a huge body of work (over five thousand artists and growing every day) we have our own complex set of policies (which might look ridiculous to people from the outside), we are very cautious on possible 'controversial' additions, and we have been accused of 'dubious' additions in the past. I guess working environment is much less burdened on Progressor or Sea Of Tranquility...but that's our problem.

Regardless of everything said, Rauch's music is what counts...and I say it's great music! Beer
Marty McFly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty McFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2010 at 08:50
We can of course re-check them.

Other teams are welcomed to evaluate them as well.

And despite my NO vote, I like that music. 

There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 16:22
any news on this? If not, I'll propose prog related.
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 16:34
^ best do that Moris - Take the P/R route
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
RAUSCH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAUSCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 15:17
FYI Officially registered in the Progressive Ears database. Feel free to check it out, along with their review.

They chose to file me under "neo"-prog. Is this a possibility here? Either that or the aforementioned "prog-related" would do just fine Smile.

Thanks everyone for your support, it is deeply appreciated.

Most Musically,

Doug Rausch

RAUSCH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAUSCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2011 at 23:24
Happy New Year Everyone!

Who has an update for me ?!!

Again I thank you all for your continued efforts! I shall not rest until RAUSCH earns a right of passage! Big smile

Best as always,

Doug RAUSCH

Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 02:55
^ HNY to you too. Perhaps private mail Moris ( Clarke2001) and ask if he will lobby your case for prog related.

Sincerely good luckThumbs Up
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2018 at 23:31
Originally posted by clarke2001 clarke2001 wrote:

any news on this? If not, I'll propose prog related.

The problem is here

6) Influenced by progressive rock - From the late 60s till about 1976 the progressive tendency was in full effect in almost all genres of music. Once again, as we enter the second decade of the 21st century a melting pot of prog-metal, math-rock, progressive electronics and post-rock influences have once again made a progressive tendency in rock music almost more a norm than a difference. Yet in other periods of musical history receiving influence from progressive rock could really set a band apart and make them worthy of our prog-related category. 
Being influenced by progressive rock is hardly the only factor we look at, and in some periods of musical history it is almost meaningless, but still, it is almost a given that most of the artists listed in prog-related were influenced by the development of progressive rock

I was surprised by the Xover rejection, but I respect their opinion and don't dare to tell them if they should accept them or not.

Honestly I don't see Rausch as Prog Related.

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 11:48
Guys...Is there ANY WAY we can get Rausch a second hearing in Crossover based on the new album? I bumped the newer suggestion thread twice in the hope that it would be picked up, but all to no avail. The previous rejection surprised just about everybody who posted here except for the three Crossover team members who were involved at the time. This artist surely belongs here, and must at least be given another chance of inclusion now that fresh material is available. Crossover team: Please consider giving the new album a listen if you can find the time.

Thank you! Embarrassed
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 12:47
Just listened to their new album BOOK II...  I love it..  Being a prog nut myself,  certainly fits the Crossover area of sounds...  Lots to like on this album.  Smile

Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12