FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMostly Autumn.....London June 4th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mostly Autumn.....London June 4th
    Posted: June 05 2005 at 08:18
How Do I start to review the best Mostly Autumn concert I have ever seen?
Well, from the moment the band appeared on stage where I think there was a collective sharp intake of breath on seeing Heather(sigh) in her poured into Red second skin, we were putty in their hands.
The band grabbed us with a few songs from the Storms album and through a mixture of Storms and the older classics, they never let go. Two and three quarter hours of continuous Mostly Autumn at their ultimate best. I must say, I do prefer the band to keep the show flowing rather than having half time intervals but, where do they find their energy? The whole night just flowed by with the addition of a few guest spots that slotted in nicely rather than breaking up the momentum of the show.
There is no point me breaking the show down and talking about individual songs or performances as to me the whole evening was just pure musical perfection. I usually always look for a negative thing to say about a show as well, just to balance up my reviews but, on this occasion, I just cannot find anything to gripe about.
Well done to the whole band and guests.
Perfect!

Martyn
 Post Reply Post Reply