Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRadio Obscura - prog rock podcast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 16:46
Ze new Obscura, it doth exist. Come take the Journey to the Centre of the Eyeeeeeeeeeee.................................................................

http://lozlan.podbean.com/2011/02/16/radio-obscura-29-journey-to-the-centre-of-the-eye/
Certified Obscure Prog Fart.

The Loose Palace of Exile - My first novel, The Mask of Tamrel, now available on Amazon and Kindle
Lozlan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2011 at 16:00

The Loose Palace of Exile - My first novel, The Mask of Tamrel, now available on Amazon and Kindle
Lozlan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 10:21

Kotro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 16:00
So you're taking requests now? Wink

Well, I haven't got one. I can only suggest that, the topic of the endeavour being "obscurity", there are TONS of brilliant material you are neglecting in the form of non-english prog. I realized you're a real sucker for good lyrics and you might lose some of the apreciation for the material if you don't understand the language, but seriously, you're missing out on some incredible stuff. This isn't criticism for what you have been playing, which is awesome, just a small remark. If I was to criticize I would have to say that, based on what you said in an earlier show, you tackled the brilliant RPI genre from the wrong end.
Cheers and keep up the good work!
Bigger on the inside.
Lozlan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2011 at 09:04
Originally posted by Kotro Kotro wrote:

So you're taking requests now? Wink

Well, I haven't got one. I can only suggest that, the topic of the endeavour being "obscurity", there are TONS of brilliant material you are neglecting in the form of non-english prog. I realized you're a real sucker for good lyrics and you might lose some of the apreciation for the material if you don't understand the language, but seriously, you're missing out on some incredible stuff. This isn't criticism for what you have been playing, which is awesome, just a small remark. If I was to criticize I would have to say that, based on what you said in an earlier show, you tackled the brilliant RPI genre from the wrong end.
Cheers and keep up the good work!

Amen to that! I'm fully aware of the fact that the show could use a little continental flair; Radio Obscura is essentially a running chronicle of whatever music I'm investigating at the moment of recording. I've been meaning to pay a visit to RPI for a long while now, but never seem to get around to it. Same with neo-prog - I mention that I'm not a big fan of it on the latest show, but that assumption is based on a fairly limited sample. Who knows? I could be a tremendous fan.

Sir, I accept your challenge. PFM here I come.

Lozlan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2011 at 11:19

Greetings all,

due to various circumstances (not the least of which is a dead computer that I can't even remotely replace), I am suspending the podcast for the duration of the summer. Hopefully I'll have enough saved by the season's end to purchase a new machine and re-launch Radio Obscura in the fall. Until then, prog on, have a marvelous hot series of months, and don't do anything too miraculously foolish.

Also, launching that investigation of non-English-speaking prog. We'll see what tickles my fancy.

silveraindrop75 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2012 at 21:07
cool, I've been looking for something like this! I had a radio show at bard college called Rainbows & Colortones. Prog and Psychedelic rock...all of the airings are over and I didn't record any of them, but there's a list of playlists on the bard college radio site...you should check it out!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12