Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPA monthly giveaway, July 2010 winners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PA monthly giveaway, July 2010 winners
    Posted: October 05 2010 at 09:19
Hi all,

As you may know, we have a giveaway running that pick monthly winners from the past months

Here's the list of the randomly picked winners of July 2010 are:

1. SouthSideoftheSky  1 x Doug Larson's Imports (http://www.hicom.net/~dlarson/) 25$ gift certicifate. 
    > To redeem your 25$, place your order with Doug directly at [email protected] and he'll apply the 25$ discount.

2. maryes 1 X ROBERT BERIAU "Selfishness: Source of War & Violence" Digital Music Album
    > You will receive an email/PM from ROBERT BERIEAU on how to download your music.

3. Sean Trane1 x GEMM 25$ Order Credit (refunded by PayPal)  on GEMM Green Shield seller every month
    > To use your credit, please place your order with Green Shield sellers and contact [email protected] 

4. Mellotron  1x Free CD (past PA Featured Artist) VANGOUGH "Game On" + T-Shirt
    > Send me your postal address and preferred t-shirt size so we can ship it.

5. memowakeman 1x Free CD (past PA Featured Artist) PAUL CUSICK "Focal Point" 
    > Send me your postal address so we can ship it.

6. Tarcisio Moura1x Free CD RANDONE "Linea di Confine" (2009)

7. Starless 1x Free CD of the upcoming RPWL "The Gentle Art of Music"

8. JJLehto  1x Free Progarchives.com logo T-Shirt (as seen on http://www.zazzle.com/progarchives)
    > Send me your postal address and preferred t-shirt size so we can ship it.

9. ClemofNazareth x Free download of ARNIOE "Forever Free" (2007) digital music album
    > You will receive an email/PM from Aron Scharfegger (ARNIOE) on how to download your music.

10. Chris S 1 x Free CD of the latest release of EMPYRIA, "The Long Road Home" (2009)

11. Rune2000 1 x Free Album download from LoudTrax.com
    > You will receive an email/PM from Antonio Marsillo on how to download your music.

12. Marty McFly1 X Free CD Red Orchid "Sky is falling" EP (5 CDs + 5 downloads, Starting June 2010, until April 2011)
     Send me your postal address so we can ship it.

13. ProgShine 1 X Guitar Music Class (http://www.guitarmasterclass.net) full access to all lessons and resources.
    > You will receive an email/PM from John Collins on how to access your music lessons

And the winner of the "Review of the month" Amazon.com 25$ Gift Certificate is RIVERTREE with his review of MY BROTHER THE WIND "Twilight in the Crystal Cabinet" (As selected by admin's EASY MONEY) 

4 stars This blows me away - highly energetic jams provided with psychedelic respectively spacey ingredients and some periods of rest in between. 'Twilight In The Crystal Cabinet' was recorded on a vintage tape machine during not more than 2 hours in May 2009 and mixed within another 2 hours. A rough diamond if you will because truly spontaneous and not reworked. At least since one starts to listen he/she will know that this four musicians involved here are not beginners on the stage - first of all to name both guitarists Nicklas Barker, delegated by the recommended Anekdoten, and Mathias Danielson, formerly of Gösta Berlings Saga.

Anyhow - the album lives from the fantastic intuition of all musicians, also comprising Ronny Eriksson (Magnolia) on bass and drummer Tomas Eriksson. Something magical in fact if you consider that they never had worked together before when starting this recordings - the vision behind that project was to meet and play an album totally out of the blue. So let me first notice the short eclectic Precious Sanity which probably is the most prolific proof. In any case this song steps out of line here most likely when speaking about a jamming approach at least.

Okay, now coming to the starting point, on Karmagrinder they immediately augment the sound to something you can call rage of enthusiasm. Wow ... it's really impressing how this escalates to a point of culmination by and by and then glides into a free formed meandering improv afterwards. When listening to the uptempo Electric Universe you first may think of a new Anekdoten song coming up due to this heaviness where the melancholic relaxed title song is cosmic/ambient tinged. Nice one!

The more spacey coloured The Mournful Howl Of Dawn and Death And Beyond appear surprisingly melodic and can convince due to a wonderful interplay of both guitars. In the light of this excellent performance you easily can pardon some little recording quality errors here and there. 'Twilight In The Crystal Cabinet' was released by Swedish Transubstans Records - a recommended snapshot if you're interested in inspired psych/space jams.

Review link is http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=288827

All winners will also receive an email on how to claim your prize too. Please update your forum profile info to have a valid email address. 

Congratulation !!!
ClapClapClap

M@X | Maxime Roy
http://www.progarchives.com

Edited by M@X - October 05 2010 at 13:09
Prog On !
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 15:41
I did review quite a bit over the summer...
Having no life pays off! Cool
J-Man View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 16:28
I'm still waiting for my big break...  Tongue

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
DisgruntledPorcupine View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 17:24

I gotta review more often... I haven't been as much lately.

memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 23:07
Nice!

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Rune2000 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 06:05
Lucky for me I just checked out this thread. Would have otherwise not known that I won since I didn't get a notification about it. Wink
snobb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 06:57
^ Congrats!
M@X View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 07:00
^ Rune2000, thanks for reporting. I forgot to notify the LoudTrax.com winners !!! 
Prog On !
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 07:48
OK M@X, thanks for the -email for the GEMM and the 23.00$...

it will be well spent on Dillinger Cds
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Rune2000 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 08:34
Originally posted by M@X M@X wrote:

^ Rune2000, thanks for reporting. I forgot to notify the LoudTrax.com winners !!! 

No problem Wink

Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

^ Congrats!

Thanks Slava! Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply