Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedneed music -new radio show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: need music -new radio show
    Posted: January 16 2011 at 20:25
well, my brother and I decided to create our own internet radio station and have been working the past few months at setting it up.  

Sooo, I decided to do a 3 hour show Monday-Friday  from 8-11pm featuring Prog, Metal, with some Alternative with Prog elements tossed in for fun...yeah..fun...15 hours a week..yepper.

We hope to be on-air, with all our royalty paperwork (they want money, yes) out of the way, all of our equipment (2 studios) operational, all of our stream providers coded in, and our site up and running no later than March 1st.

Since my ex-wife threw out all my albums  (while we were still married, btw),  I will be relying on my own paltry collection of mp3's, a few vinyls my daughter picked up for me, and a nice collection being donated by a friend.

I need music.  Plain and simple.  I need music.  If you think I am bluffing, wait till we are online and I will make an announcement close to that time, but I am hardcore looking for material to spin.   We have invested in state of the art equipment and so I can play CD's, records, mp3's, even cassettes (tho the sound quality can be tough with those). This will not be a pandora project.  Besides, I have the perfect face for radio.

The station will be www.crunchradio.com. Dont go there yet. You will only find a godaddy page.  The site is being built as I write this by the good folks at Novastar. 

BTW, the Digital copyright law does not allow an internet radio station to play the same artist more than once in a three hour span...this means I will have to play Close to the Edge every night just to fill a half hour...and I will if I have to!!!!!
Smile

Anyway, if you want to help me get this show off the ground, send me a message or respond here.  I hope I am not violating the rules and regulations with this post, as that is not my intent.  
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2011 at 02:55
Good luck with the project.

To the original poster and anyone responding, please remember our No illegal activity rule.
fishfire View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2011 at 05:08
no, we do not want anything illegal. thanks for the reminder.
 Post Reply Post Reply