Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Flower Kings reunite for one show-New York,USA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Flower Kings reunite for one show-New York,USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2011 at 22:00
Originally posted by Harry Hood Harry Hood wrote:

If there was any justice in this world TFK would be playing stadiums. It's a damn shame they don't have more followers, even among the prog community. They deserve it more than anybody.

In the meantime, theres the third Agents of Mercy album, a new Karmakanic album, Hasse's secret project, and whatever Tomas is doing. The Flower Kings reunion can wait as long as it needs to.

I wholeheartedly agree. These days anyone who complains about Yes and Genesis being lame after the seventies needs to listen to TFK and shut up. Wink

But I agree about not enough prog fans knowing about them. I get the feeling that anyone who just discovered  prog or rediscovered prog in the past four or five years might have missed them and not been exposed to them. They were big in prog circles in the nineties though and one of the big three of the so called third wave(the other two being Porcupine Tree and Spock's Beard although imo it should be a big four or five to include DT and OT).

I was just playing some stuff at my birthday party yesterday. I played the Roine Stolt album "the flower King" followed by Space Revolver. My brother now wants me to burn a copy for him. Better late than never.

But yeah if ever there was a band that deserves a bigger audience it's the Flower Kings. PT got pretty huge a few years ago now it's FK's turn.

Apparently Roine and the guys are going to go in the studio later this year to work on a new album and no that's not a April Fool's joke so no thankfully they have not split up.

Smile
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2011 at 01:20
Originally posted by Prog_Traveller Prog_Traveller wrote:

Originally posted by Harry Hood Harry Hood wrote:

If there was any justice in this world TFK would be playing stadiums. It's a damn shame they don't have more followers, even among the prog community. They deserve it more than anybody.

In the meantime, theres the third Agents of Mercy album, a new Karmakanic album, Hasse's secret project, and whatever Tomas is doing. The Flower Kings reunion can wait as long as it needs to.

I wholeheartedly agree. These days anyone who complains about Yes and Genesis being lame after the seventies needs to listen to TFK and shut up. Wink

But I agree about not enough prog fans knowing about them. I get the feeling that anyone who just discovered  prog or rediscovered prog in the past four or five years might have missed them and not been exposed to them. They were big in prog circles in the nineties though and one of the big three of the so called third wave(the other two being Porcupine Tree and Spock's Beard although imo it should be a big four or five to include DT and OT).

I was just playing some stuff at my birthday party yesterday. I played the Roine Stolt album "the flower King" followed by Space Revolver. My brother now wants me to burn a copy for him. Better late than never.

But yeah if ever there was a band that deserves a bigger audience it's the Flower Kings. PT got pretty huge a few years ago now it's FK's turn.

Apparently Roine and the guys are going to go in the studio later this year to work on a new album and no that's not a April Fool's joke so no thankfully they have not split up.

Smile

who do you mean by 'OT'?
Harry Hood View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2011 at 01:25
^Ozric Tentacles, obviously.
Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2011 at 03:21
Yep, Ozric Tentacles. I had a feeling someone was going to ask that. Wink