Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jon Anderson To Tour The US In Support of New CD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJon Anderson To Tour The US In Support of New CD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jon Anderson To Tour The US In Support of New CD
    Posted: April 05 2011 at 17:01
For Immediate Release

Music Legend Jon Anderson To Tour The US In Support Of Forthcoming CD Release

“An Acoustic Evening With Jon Anderson”

4/5/2011 – Asheville, NC - Much to the excitement of fans across the country, Music icon Jon Anderson, best known for his work with Yes, Vangelis, Kitaro and other notable music artists, as well as his innovative solo efforts, is preparing to tour the US in support of his forthcoming CD release 'Survival and Other Stories'. Jon recently completed a successful European tour with former Yes member and keyboard virtuoso Rick Wakeman on the heels of their critically acclaimed debut album 'The Living Tree'. The upcoming Spring tour “An Acoustic Evening With Jon Anderson” touts an exciting mixture of material from Jon Anderson's prolific solo career, collaborations with Vangelis and classic Yes songs, along with new compositions from his pending CD, and promises a magical and memorable evening of enchanting music for all who attend!

Most recently, Jon Anderson's vocals from the song "In High Places" featured on Mike Oldfield's 'Crises' album from 1983 (written by Anderson and Oldfield) are sampled on Kanye West's new track "Dark Fantasy" from his 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' CD, which has topped Billboard's chart as the #1 album in the country.

On May 24, 2010 Jon shared the stage with the 112 member Cleveland Contemporary Youth Orchestra and 60 member student chorus in a mesmerizing performance that exudes joy and energy. The one night concert was recently shown on HDNet. For replay information visit www.hd.net/schedules/ Three weeks ago Jon sang with the wonderful San Antonio Youth Orchestra to several standing ovations adding a new ark to his luminous career.

Jon is featured singing on the upcoming CD release by US composer and producer Jonathan Elias called 'Prayer Cycle', which also includes guests appearances by Sting, Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Jonathan Davis of Korn, Sinead O'Connor, Robert Downey Jr. and via an archival recording Jim Morrison, amongst others. Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman's recent collaboration 'The Living Tree', the duo's debut studio release featuring nine tracks of original material, has been garnering rave reviews worldwide! Details and ordering information can be found at the Voiceprint website. You can also download The Living Tree on Amazon.com. Jon's much anticipated forthcoming CD 'Survival and Other Stories” is scheduled for release in late Spring 2011. With themes about love, life, understanding, healing and survival, Jon's new CD has an inspirational message for all who will listen!

“An Acoustic Evening With Jon Anderson” tour dates:

4/23/2011 - Somerville Theatre - Somerville, MA
4/26/2011 - Havana New Hope - New Hope, PA
4/28/2011 - Infinity Hall - Norfolk, CT
4/30/2011 - B.B. Kings Blues Club & Grill - New York, NY
5/02/2011 - Musikfest Cafe ArtsQuest Center at Steel Slacks - Bethlehem, PA
5/04/2011 - Theatre of Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA
5/06/2011 - Princeton University - McCarter Theatre - Princeton, NJ
5/07/2011 - New Jersey Performing Arts Center - Victoria Theatre - Newark, NJ
5/09/2011 - Rams Head On Stage - Annapolis, MD
5/11/2011 - Rams Head On Stage - Annapolis, MD
5/13/2011 - The Flying Monkey Movie House & Performing Center - Plymouth, NH
5/15/2011 - Bates College Olin Arts Center - Concert Hall - Lewiston, ME
5/18/2011 - Tupelo Music Hall - Londonderry, NH
5/19/2011 - Tupelo Music Hall - Londonderry, NH
5/21/2011 - Woodstock Town Hall Theatre - Woodstock, VT
5/25/2011 - Ellsworth Grand Auditorium - Ellsworth , ME

For more information visit Jon Anderson's new websitewww.JonAnderson.com

Press Inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, Billy James, PH: 828-350-8158, [email protected]

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 17:04
If Jon can't tour, why is he touring?  
Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 17:37
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

$$$
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 17:44
Originally posted by SolarLuna96 SolarLuna96 wrote:

$$$

I can't fly a plane.  That doesn't mean I'm going to try just because I want money.
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 17:50

$$$

I can't fly a plane.  That doesn't mean I'm going to try just because I want money.

Clap
juandhaltrich View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 18:05
Originally posted by The Quiet One The Quiet One wrote:

$$$

Clap

i quoted 'cause everyone was quoting the previous one.
btw, jon, ask those suckers in Yes to let you back in the band!  ( i say that with all due respect)
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 20:13
He says he can't do a big rock tour night after night---you'll notice that all dates have a day or two of rest ---and they are short---not typical long rock money making tour.
Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 02:13
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

He says he can't do a big rock tour night after night---you'll notice that all dates have a day or two of rest ---and they are short---not typical long rock money making tour.

Exactly, that's what I also wanted to say.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 14:38
Originally posted by Moogtron III Moogtron III wrote:

Exactly, that's what I also wanted to say.

And from what I can see, these are relatively small/intimate venues? Yes would be doing bigger venues, which would add to the stress of touring.

Having said that, I don't think Squire would have him back even if he were well enough.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 15:19

That makes sense.  I didn't look at the dates.  Thanks.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 17:52
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

[QUOTE=Moogtron III][QUOTE=twosteves]
And from what I can see, these are relatively small/intimate venues? Yes would be doing bigger venues, which would add to the stress of touring.

Having said that, I don't think Squire would have him back even if he were well enough.

Yeah, he's playing a very small/intimate theater in St. Charles, IL (far western suburb of Chicago).  The news broke on Tales From the Edge on Facebook, so I jumped on the ticket engine.....front row, center seats!!   

I don't blame Jon from sitting out of the major venue tours with Yes, they are a grind from what I know (the guy who built my fretless bass in my icon is Howe's luthier/guitar tech, we've spoken about it).  

Quite honestly, I'm much more excited to see Jon Anderson perform up close than Benoit David from afar!   He could sing nursery rhymes or Christmas carols for all I could care.  
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 17:55

Let's see how well the tour with Styx sells out!  Squire might end up begging Anderson to rejoin the band before this is over.   

Yes just played a very small venue in Chicago (House of Blues), and that was with Ollie on keys.  From what I hear, this incarnation is not packing the big houses.  We'll see.  
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 12:41
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

[QUOTE=Moogtron III][QUOTE=twosteves]

Yeah, he's playing a very small/intimate theater in St. Charles, IL (far western suburb of Chicago).  The news broke on Tales From the Edge on Facebook, so I jumped on the ticket engine.....front row, center seats!!   

I don't blame Jon from sitting out of the major venue tours with Yes, they are a grind from what I know (the guy who built my fretless bass in my icon is Howe's luthier/guitar tech, we've spoken about it).  

Quite honestly, I'm much more excited to see Jon Anderson perform up close than Benoit David from afar!   He could sing nursery rhymes or Christmas carols for all I could care.  

You are a wise man indeed. I couldn't agree more if I triedClap
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 19:34
Hi,

I never felt that Jon was dishonest with his spiritual thing, and taking music towards a rock gospel like thing ... which obviously the rock audience and Yes fans could never allow or appreciate.

I hope, for Jon's sake, that he does really well and that his material sells ... and that he is able to get through and rest and do what the other band can't do ... and i n the end, I'm not sure I want to hear Roundabout for the 174th time!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 00:31
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I never felt that Jon was dishonest with his spiritual thing, and taking music towards a rock gospel like thing ... which obviously the rock audience and Yes fans could never allow or appreciate.

I hope, for Jon's sake, that he does really well and that his material sells ... and that he is able to get through and rest and do what the other band can't do ... and i n the end, I'm not sure I want to hear Roundabout for the 174th time!

Thanks!  Jon's spiritual message throughout his career with Yes was one of the most compelling aspects of the music for me, and it has inspired me through thick & thin.  "To Be Over" has gotten me through more than a few funerals!  

I agree about the thread-bare portfolio of the band, which is why I'm disappointed in how they have de-evolved over time.  For the 35th Anniversary Tour, Yes did a rather amazing, acoustic version of "Roundabout" that was killer!   They even had fun with it (Wakeman did a honky tonk section, and the band was cracking jokes constantly).    I would have liked more of that.  

That, coupled with the fact that I had a backstage/after show pass, made it a special evening.  The parting of these personalities saddens me deeply, beyond the opportunity to see them play "Close to the Edge" once more.  There are plenty of recorded concerts these days that I can enjoy just as well on DVD. 

Cheers!

NinaHoo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 15:55

Hi,

Thanks!  Jon's spiritual message throughout his career with Yes was one of the most compelling aspects of the music for me, and it has inspired me through thick & thin.  "To Be Over" has gotten me through more than a few funerals!  

I agree about the thread-bare portfolio of the band, which is why I'm disappointed in how they have de-evolved over time.  For the 35th Anniversary Tour, Yes did a rather amazing, acoustic version of "Roundabout" that was killer!   They even had fun with it (Wakeman did a honky tonk section, and the band was cracking jokes constantly).    I would have liked more of that.  

That, coupled with the fact that I had a backstage/after show pass, made it a special evening.  The parting of these personalities saddens me deeply, beyond the opportunity to see them play "Close to the Edge" once more.  There are plenty of recorded concerts these days that I can enjoy just as well on DVD. 

Cheers!

After reading this I ´m absolutely gonna get Yes ticket when they tour here in Finland! I wasn´t gonna buy because lack of Jon, but I wanna hear those songs again live!!  Too bad I´m not able to hear Jon´s new stuff live :/ Lucky you who can :D
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2011 at 13:18
Originally posted by NinaHoo NinaHoo wrote:

Hi,

Cheers!

After reading this I ´m absolutely gonna get Yes ticket when they tour here in Finland! I wasn´t gonna buy because lack of Jon, but I wanna hear those songs again live!!  Too bad I´m not able to hear Jon´s new stuff live :/ Lucky you who can :D

By all means, NH, go to the show & have fun!  These guys won't be touring much longer, Howe just turned 64.  

i sincerely hope both bands release some killer new material and have packed tours!  I'm not sure about the pairing of Styx plus Yes, but that isn't my problem.  See any of these prog pioneers when you can!  There's a fair amount of Benoit David Yes on Youtube that you can scope out.
akaBona View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2011 at 13:32
Originally posted by NinaHoo NinaHoo wrote:

Hi,

Cheers!

Finland tickets can be bought already. The venue is The Circus in Helsinki, limit of 2000 spectators, date 11.12.2011, cost 48€. Already have mine ...

Edited by akaBona - April 10 2011 at 13:33
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2011 at 22:29
I just got my ticket for the Chicago show in August.  I've wanted to see Jon forever but never really had the chance.  Anyone else going to the Chicago one?  As of writing this, there's some great seats still available.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2011 at 23:52
Originally posted by Eärendil Eärendil wrote:

I just got my ticket for the Chicago show in August.  I've wanted to see Jon forever but never really had the chance.  Anyone else going to the Chicago one?  As of writing this, there's some great seats still available.

Hi!  I'm front row, center for this one!!  I'll spread the word and try to get some of my buddies going.  Very reasonable price, and it is a fine venue!  See you there!
 Post Reply Post Reply