Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: << from Nature to Culture into the Future>>
    Posted: April 29 2011 at 03:23
the makeing of a crossover prog album and I will give it the name

"from Nature to Culture into Future"

three sides long epics,
the Nature piece, the Culture piece, and the Future piece,

Nature piece is a Folk, new age, prog indulgence with haprishchords, lute, harp, violins,flutes (backed by standard rock instruments).
Culture piece is a symphonic, klassikal influenced rock with jazz and avant passages, mellotrons, guitars, bass (normal rock instruments), saxophone, moog, electric piano and hammond
Future piece is a post-rock/metal, heavyer guitar, probably some ambient  passages, with some djentle touches, and some noise.

but where I shall get all the equipments an instrumentalists is not to my concern yet, but I must be able to pull some strings Evil Smile

diskuss

Edited by aginor - April 29 2011 at 03:29
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2011 at 03:25
Sounds like an idea I had, dubbed "omni rock" where I wanted to take every genre/style of music I knew and somehow make into an epic progressive piece.
At least your idea seems more coherent than mine.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2011 at 03:25
im not quite sure what to fill the future piece with, to make it even more futuristic and spacelike, probably a thermin is the thing, i guess

or a saw with bow  which is much cheaper then a theramin and much easyer to actualy get you hands on,

Edited by aginor - April 29 2011 at 03:28
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2011 at 03:30
Another point you mentioned was how on Earth will I acquire all the instruments needed, and talent to play them well?

But yeah I havn't figured out how to make it a story yet...but it idea was going around the world viewing different cultures from all over the place, every one being a different musical piece. Some melding of styles of course.

I have a book of folk stories from everywhere. Native American, various  African, Ancient Egypt, Europe, Asia.
I figured those stories would be the lyrics. Can't bother to write lyrics on top of such an ambitious piece amirite?

I'll help with the future piece! Especially the heavy and/or post pieces.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2011 at 03:37
people go to torture from age of 4 years old to be even decent at playing Violin, the most proficiant artists in rock and those who lasted longest also were the one who started playing instruments in an early age Elton John at the age of 4, Phil Collins was 3 when he first dabbeld on the drums, Wakemann was 4-5.  

not starting on Obo (hell i have heard people die younger becouse of the air pressure of blowing into that tiny hole, makes your brain wobble in a vacum), harp is to little used in rock, I LOVE harp, when it is done in an angelic way, hmm harp with fuzz would be cool Cool

clarinett is even harder then saxophone have I heard
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2011 at 03:42
exactly!

much as I want to be a solo artist you were right...may have to recruit people to help with this one.

Anyway, Im on board agi...tell me when I'm needed and what you're looking for. I can lay down some great riffs and write decent post rock/metal.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2011 at 03:42
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Another point you mentioned was how on Earth will I acquire all the instruments needed, and talent to play them well?

But yeah I havn't figured out how to make it a story yet...but it idea was going around the world viewing different cultures from all over the place, every one being a different musical piece. Some melding of styles of course.

I have a book of folk stories from everywhere. Native American, various  African, Ancient Egypt, Europe, Asia. slavic and baltic folk lore is rearly used in music these days, which is close to celtic, nordic and sami folk lore. I also am found of Arabian Nights storys, 1001 nights are full of mysteries and magic, great for prog .
I figured those stories would be the lyrics. Can't bother to write lyrics on top of such an ambitious piece amirite? the epic of David Crockett and Geronimo Wink,

I'll help with the future piece! Especially the heavy and/or post pieces. I play bass and bow/&/saw
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2011 at 03:51
Well I had slavic, nordic and celtic under "European"
Was thinking to focus on Ukrainian, Italian and Spanish folklore to reflect my heritage.

I can contribute guitar or drums.
Also random w**kery.
 Post Reply Post Reply