Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 17:03
Originally posted by Syriak Syriak wrote:

Hi guys,
Syriak from Unexpect here,
First of all I'd like to thank everyone who did a review of our newest album on the ProgArchives website.
I've read them all and there's nothing I like more than having constructive analysis like that. Big smile

Concerning this interview, I want to tell you guys that it never was in Chaoth's intention to disrespect anyone with his answers. Of course, each person in the band would have different answers for a given interview, but in general keep in mind that we often spice them up with a touch of humor to keep it more entertaining.
If his personal sense of humor/weirdness shocked some people I'm sorry for that, but in no way he meant disrespect to fans.
When you do a lot of interviews,  you're bound to try and find different angles to answer some questions that comes often.
We're very close to our fans and the people who listen to our music and answer each and every questions asked on every online platforms that we have...that's why I intervened here as I don't want anybody to think that we don't care.
We do.
I hope you all understand and want to thank you again for your support ! Smile

Have a nice day !

Hey man, nice of you to show up! Big smile

I'm not a fan of your music, but giving this kind of support to the fans deffinitely gained my respect. Thumbs Up

Also, at least in my case, finding something weird =/= being shocked, but I guess there are reasons for Americans to find the WTC thing a bit out of place, although not being my case.
Failcore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 17:33

Hi guys,
First of all I'd like to thank everyone who did a review of our newest album on the ProgArchives website.
I've read them all and there's nothing I like more than having constructive analysis like that. Big smile

Concerning this interview, I want to tell you guys that it never was in Chaoth's intention to disrespect anyone with his answers. Of course, each person in the band would have different answers for a given interview, but in general keep in mind that we often spice them up with a touch of humor to keep it more entertaining.
If his personal sense of humor/weirdness shocked some people I'm sorry for that, but in no way he meant disrespect to fans.
When you do a lot of interviews,  you're bound to try and find different angles to answer some questions that comes often.
We're very close to our fans and the people who listen to our music and answer each and every questions asked on every online platforms that we have...that's why I intervened here as I don't want anybody to think that we don't care.
We do.

Have a nice day !

Unexpect just gained a lot more respect from me.  Love the new album btw.
DisgruntledPorcupine View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 18:04
Yes, Syriak is awesome. Headbanger
Unexpect is my favourite band, so the dedication to their fans is nice. 

Edited by DisgruntledPorcupine - June 22 2011 at 18:35
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 20:08
The only thing that shocked me from this band is their music. But this the kind of shock that i am driving for.... Wink
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2011 at 14:14
Heh, I was wondering if one of you was going to check the thread. While my opinion of the interview itself has not changed, I do appreciate you stopping by to smooth things over and I don't hold a grudge against you for it. But I guess maybe you should do the interviews from now on. ;-)
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2011 at 17:08
Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

Hi guys,

We do.

Have a nice day !

I'm not a fan of your music, but giving this kind of support to the fans deffinitely gained my respect. Thumbs Up

Also, at least in my case, finding something weird =/= being shocked, but I guess there are reasons for Americans to find the WTC thing a bit out of place, although not being my case.

That is another factor. In Canada, it's not so much a delicate topic as it would be in the States.
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2011 at 17:18
Originally posted by DisgruntledPorcupine DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:

Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

Hi guys,

We do.

Have a nice day !

That is another factor. In Canada, it's not so much a delicate topic as it would be in the States.

Same here in Brazil.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2011 at 17:41

Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Originally posted by toroddfuglesteg toroddfuglesteg wrote:

I (ChaotH) joined the march in 2001 (the very day of the twin tower collapse... isn't it strange ?)

What?

What are you whatting at? Confused

last time I checked 9/11 was september 11. not march 11 Tongue
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2011 at 17:42

Hi guys,

We do.

Have a nice day !

Love your music dude Clap
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2011 at 17:43
Originally posted by Andyman1125 Andyman1125 wrote:

I (ChaotH) joined the march in 2001 (the very day of the twin tower collapse... isn't it strange ?)

What?

LOL, read again dude Wink
Conor Fynes View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 13:12

Hi guys,

We do.

Have a nice day !

It tells me alot that you would take the time and effort to go here and try to clear some things up. My hat is off to you Syriak. Clap
toroddfuglesteg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 13:17

For the record:

I have no problems with this interview. I have a great respect for Chaoth and Unexpect and would like to offer them my friendsship.  

Edited by toroddfuglesteg - June 24 2011 at 13:17
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 14:48
That's good. I guess it wasn't so bad. A little odd for an interview, but I don't have many real problems with it.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 15:18
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

What?

is he saying he joined the "march" or he joined in (the month of) march?
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 15:39

Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

What?

is he saying he joined the "march" or he joined in (the month of) march?

I think it's pretty obvious, gramatically. But for some unknown reason we all see it the wrong way when we first read it. Confused LOL
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 16:11
I understand the "joined the march" just fine.  My reaction was toward the "isn't it strange" remark, as though nothing else happened on Sept. 11, 2001.  Lots of things happened on that date.  Like Nickelback.
Failcore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 16:53
Yea, it wasn't the best interview, but I don't see any reason to get uppity about it. The fact that Syriak came and apologized for something I'm not even really sure he needed to apologize for pretty much erases any problems I might have had with them.
el böthy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 14:03
Wow... there are a lot of bitching c**ts around the forum these days. So he was drunk, so you didn´t like his interview. I don´t find it particulary good either, but to bitch about as much as you are doing... c´mon people, lighten up a bit
"You want me to play what, Robert?"
AlexDOM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 17:02
His interview responses were just as tripped up and ridiculous as their music... He must have suffered from it. I love Unexpect, fables is insane
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123