Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedXII Alfonso - Claude Monet series?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: XII Alfonso - Claude Monet series?
    Posted: July 01 2005 at 11:20

I've been trying to track down some info on what French band XII Alfonso have been up to recently, and whether or not there are any plans to continue the Claude Monet series of CDs (it was supposed to be a trilogy, but only Vol. 1 has been recorded and released).

I discovered XII Alfonso about a year and a half ago when I got wind of the fact that Iain Bairnson (ex Alan Parsons among others, and a fellow Scot to boot!) played guitar on one track of the first Monet album. I downloaded a snippet of it from Iain's website, and it sounded great. Enough to get me to go out and track down the CD. That turned out to be pretty tough in itself!

After a variety of failed orders through Amazon and 101cd, I finally picked up a copy on direct order from Musea (the label). Although Iain only appears on one track, I was so taken with the whole album that I went in search of their earlier recordings, picking up all three (The Lost Frontier, Odyssees, and This Is....) from Greg Walker's excellent on-line prog dealership.

So now I'm left wondering if this great band will ever release anything else, or if indeed they are still a band! I've tried emailing Musea, I've even sent a question direct to band member Phillippe Claerhout via the email addy on the band's website (which doesn't seem to have been updated for some time). No response from any of these avenues unfortunately.

Does anyone out there have any news whatsoever to offer about XII Alfonso?

"We did it....you and me! Put him right under the table!"
 Post Reply Post Reply