Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hawkwind & Hidria Spacefolk 26th May 2005 Finland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHawkwind & Hidria Spacefolk 26th May 2005 Finland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawkwind & Hidria Spacefolk 26th May 2005 Finland
    Posted: July 10 2005 at 09:46

Hidria Spacefolk started the show with their instrumental and improvisational musical passages. It was very good! Sadly, I think it was even better than Hawkwind...

I had seen Hawkwind at Ruisrock 2004 (with Lemmy on Silver Machine!), and compared to that performance, this was a dissapointment. Some of the classic songs, like "Psychedelic warlords", were slightly re-arranged, and they didn't sound so good. This year they didn't have the dancers with them, but some stoned chick tried to replace them. The fat roadie dumped her out of the stage, and he also counted the ten seconds to forever (I nearly vomited). Dave Brock mostly sat at the back of the stage, smiling unearthly wide smile, and sometimes he also played some chords from his guitar and sang. There was also somebody (who ever?) playing keyboards, and some of the guys on stage were dressed as doctors (white coats etc.). Alan operated also a PC, which contained playbacks for the songs...

There were some good parts still, like Brainstorm. But there was no magic. It doesn't always work, but I think they should get more talented musicnauts with them, hire nude dancers and check Dave's medics.

Edited by Eetu Pellonpää - November 02 2006 at 05:52
 Post Reply Post Reply