FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Triumvirat Compilation CD-"Essential"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Triumvirat Compilation CD-"Essential"
    Posted: March 23 2012 at 14:44
Released just recently this month is an EMI compilation CD of Triumvirat tracks called "Essential". To the best of my knowledge, this is the first totally Triumvirat compilation album ever compiled.

The track listing is-

Be Home For Tea
Broken Mirror
Ride In The Night (single track)
Dancer's Delight (single track)
Dimplicity (Edit)
Million Dollars (Edit)
The Capitol Of Power
The Sweetest Sound Of Liberty
Spartacus
Old Loves Die Hard
Take A Break Today (single track)
The Hymn (Edit)
Waterfall (Edit)
(Oh, I'm) Late Again
Jo Ann Walker (Edit)
I Don't Even Know Your Name
Party Life

The songs are a cross section from the complete Triumvirat album discography, also including some tracks that were part of singles
               If you have all of the albums that were remastered onto CD in 2002, you already have all of this, but if not, and you are looking for a cross section, well, here you go!

Edited by presdoug - March 24 2012 at 17:19
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2012 at 04:19
Only recently got Mediteranean Tales and Illusions On A Double Dimple to add to Spartacus so I suppose I don't really need this as I would be adding just a selection of the pop tracks?
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2012 at 12:09
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Only recently got Mediteranean Tales and Illusions On A Double Dimple to add to Spartacus so I suppose I don't really need this as I would be adding just a selection of the pop tracks?
Between the first three that you have, and the pop rock period comprising the last two albums A La Carte (1978) and Russian Roulette (1980) are two transitional ones-Old Loves Die Hard (1976) and Pompeii (1977), which cannot be dismissed as pop, but not near as good as the first three you have.
   And on this compilation, the transitional albums are only represented with two tracks -Old Loves Die Hard, and The Hymn-only one track per album. All tracks in the compilation listed after The Hymn are from the pop rock period.
             In my opinion, you have the really "essential" ones already. Hopefully the two that you have recently added are from the 2002 EMI remasters, as they are the ones that have some very good singles tracks added on to them.
                  I have been able to finally find some merit in even the last two pop rock albums, but most fans detest them. Though they are a different and lesser breed than the previous ones, i don't think they should be ignored.
                  Hope you enjoy your new additions, Richard.Smile

Edited by presdoug - March 24 2012 at 17:15
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2012 at 03:04
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Between the first three that you have, and the pop rock period comprising the last two albums A La Carte (1978) and Russian Roulette (1980) are two transitional ones-Old Loves Die Hard (1976) and Pompeii (1977), which cannot be dismissed as pop, but not near as good as the first three you have.
   And on this compilation, the transitional albums are only represented with two tracks -Old Loves Die Hard, and The Hymn-only one track per album. All tracks in the compilation listed after The Hymn are from the pop rock period.
             In my opinion, you have the really "essential" ones already. Hopefully the two that you have recently added are from the 2002 EMI remasters, as they are the ones that have some very good singles tracks added on to them.
                  I have been able to finally find some merit in even the last two pop rock albums, but most fans detest them. Though they are a different and lesser breed than the previous ones, i don't think they should be ignored.
                  Hope you enjoy your new additions, Richard.Smile
yep it was the 2002 remasters with bonus tracks
Enjoyable and perhaps not as pompous as ELP (although I do like ELP and I like Pomposity in progBig smile).Fritz is a more fluid a player than Emerson. Vocals are okay but nothing special. Drums -no Carl Palmer but then only Carl Palmer is Carl Palmer.
In a way Triumvirat are closer to The Nice with more humour and loads more Hammond OrganCool
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 16:45
Let's hope that someone at EMI in Germany finally decides to release Helmut Koellen's solo album "You Won't See Me" on CD-that would be super!
         Also would be nice for an album of Triumvirat Live to be officially released.Thumbs Up
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2017 at 14:43
This now not so new Compilation CD is not the first Triumvirat compilation cd; there was previously a Brazilian "Best Of" CD, and a Singles Only compilation, as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply