Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProgPower USA - Atlanta, Georgia : Sept 2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ProgPower USA - Atlanta, Georgia : Sept 2012
    Posted: May 04 2012 at 05:48
Calling all Progressive Metal fans!  I just found some very depressing news.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/781662-future-progpower-usa.html

Seriously, if you're into Progressive Metal, you should think about going this year:
1) Because this might be the last year
2) Because there is a fantastic line-up for Prog fans with Symphony X, Epica, Redemption, Beyond the Bridge, Kingcrow, and a few Power Metal bands with Progressive tendencies as well.

And if enough of you here buy tickets, it might not be the last year after all....
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 09:28
I don' t think details have been published on our site yet. Could you add them please (venue, dates, etc.)
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:14
Oh, sorry!  I will definitely do that - is there somewhere else I should put this?  I will put it here in the meantime.

The festival is September 14th and 15th with "Pre-Party" shows the 2 days before.  It's a little pricey, but if you think about it, there are 12 bands playing, so it comes out pretty cheap.  The website for the festival is:
http://progpowerusa.com/
When you click "Enter the Official Site" there is a link on the right that says that there are less than 350 tickets left, and that link takes you directly to the ticketmaster page where you can buy a ticket. 
The people who put on the festival are so professional - I mean, they don't have a lot of money to do it (they lose money on this festival usually, is what I hear), but they have vendors with sooooo many cd's you've NEVER heard of (and plenty you have), every band has a signing session where you can get album covers and other items signed, shake their hands and stammer over what to say (not like that's a personal experience or anything...), you'll see guys from these bands walking around town, in restaurants, and at Starbucks and if you talk to them they are so down to earth and friendly (I personally have pictures of myself with some of my favorite bands and artists because of this festival), and the people at the festival are so friendly - there is a camaraderie there that you just don't get at other shows.  Think about it!
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 10:02
Here is fineThumbs Up

I think i'm right in saying it's in Atlanta, Georgia (thread title updated) but where exactly is it there?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 12:51
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

Here is fineThumbs Up

I think i'm right in saying it's in Atlanta, Georgia (thread title updated) but where exactly is it there?

It's at Center Stage in Atlanta, Georgia, and is on Friday and Saturday Sept. 14-15, with "Pre-Party" shows the two days before featuring Nightwish and Kamelot as headliners.  The headliners for the main festival are Epica and Symphony X, but there are 12 bands total on the 14th and 15th including (these are MY personal highlights)
Redemption
Serenity
Beyond the Bridge
Kingcrow
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 16:32
So, I thought I'd quote some posts from the Prog Power forum for anyone who's read this post and is on the fence about going:

"Speaking as a 10-year ProgPower USA veteran, I can attest that you will NOT find a nicer group of people AND a better concert-experience anywhere else in the world."

"I guess my point is that I don't buy a ticket because of a particular headliner, or if I like all the bands playing on Friday - I buy a ticket because this is OUR Disneyland."

"I tell people who have not gone to prog power its like a family reunion with 1500 of your favorite relatives. ...You can't put a price on the experience & see 12 quality bands at the same time. Anyone who tries is kidding themselves ."
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 09:57
By the way, if anyone from the forum does decide to go, feel free to PM me. I'd love to say hello, or maybe even grab a beer! (Is there a headbanging emoticon?)
Ambient Hurricanes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 10:01
Originally posted by dtguitarfan dtguitarfan wrote:

Is there a headbanging emoticon?

Headbanger
I love dogs, I've always loved dogs
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2012 at 17:01
Prog Power USA XIV is officially on!  Enough tickets have been sold for this year's event now that it was justifiable to plan for the next installment.  Official statement here:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/821992-progpower-usa-2013-final-word.html
 Post Reply Post Reply