Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closeddelete my account immediately

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 11:39
Originally posted by Prog_Traveller Prog_Traveller wrote:

Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

It's a real nightmare not only when  you don't feel comfortable in some place, but the worst is that you can get out!

Exactly. That's where I am now. I posted something then a moderator arbitrarily decided to delete my thread only after he got the last word in. It's almost to the point where I wouldn't mind paying someone just to delete my profile. What is the point of having a website like this where you take sides with those who are abusive to others and can't just respect the members. I am at the end of my rope here.

Why don't you just stop logging in? It's not compulsory to be here.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 11:51
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

It's a real nightmare not only when  you don't feel comfortable in some place, but the worst is that you can get out!

Exactly. That's where I am now. I posted something then a moderator arbitrarily decided to delete my thread only after he got the last word in. It's almost to the point where I wouldn't mind paying someone just to delete my profile. What is the point of having a website like this where you take sides with those who are abusive to others and can't just respect the members. I am at the end of my rope here.

Why don't you just stop logging in? It's not compulsory to be here.

No, but a lot of us start twitching in violent withdrawal when the site is down for 12 hours.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 11:57
I will keep my charged opinion to myself sorta..shocked an electronic persona in the midst of a short circuit doesn't just pull the plug out of the wall on all this drama
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 11:59
I do get the shakes if I stay away from the internet in general.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 12:05
I am afraid to take my Ipad in the bathtub.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 13:12

Two major problems 
1- the Internet is a jungle , where exotic birds and fruit survive next to scary monsters. You can get ambushed, triangulated and shot at but you must soldier on. 
2- English is a terse, relatively emotionless language that can, under circumstances such as invisibility of the typer, to easily misinterpret the meaning (or density) of rebuttals, difference of opinion etc....Using emoticons can soothe the reply . Sarcasm, irony and judgment are the unfortunate tools of the word sniper. 

Do like I have a few times, ignore those who pass judgement on you and forgive them, for they know not that they have sinned. Or best yet, respond with humor , as some have no sense of it at all. LOL  
Which explains my post signature below. 

Edited by tszirmay - November 06 2014 at 13:53
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Kentucky_Hawkwindage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 15:27
Originally posted by Chris S Chris S wrote:

Ok so then do you suspend accounts or make it so they can't log in if you feel people are just being overly abusive or trolling? We all have bad days but I'm referring to those who just have nothing better to do than just harass people for the sake of their own egos or something and never seem to contribute anything productive at all to the site. 

Well a good tip for you would be take a rest from PA, come back in a week or so. If this cyberspace still irks you, plead the 5th and leave the site and bookmark another page. It really is that simple.
That's what i did.I took a long rest.Now i'm back-but not in black(a joke but not really funny)So far it's been good this time...Hope it stays good.....
"Nobody's Gonna Change My World That's Something To Unreal"   Lyrics that i live my life by-from Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy's track You Won't Change Me
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 15:33
the wurst is yet to cum
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 17:19
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

the wurst is yet to cum
......but only in liver.......
You.........can..............never...........leave............
Now, enjoy our lunacy and welcome home, ah, I mean back
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 18:17
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Two major problems 
1- the Internet is a jungle , where exotic birds and fruit survive next to scary monsters. You can get ambushed, triangulated and shot at but you must soldier on. 
2- English is a terse, relatively emotionless language that can, under circumstances such as invisibility of the typer, to easily misinterpret the meaning (or density) of rebuttals, difference of opinion etc....Using emoticons can soothe the reply . Sarcasm, irony and judgment are the unfortunate tools of the word sniper. 
Do like I have a few times, ignore those who pass judgement on you and forgive them, for they know not that they have sinned. Or best yet, respond with humor , as some have no sense of it at all. LOL  
Which explains my post signature below. 

One of the reasons I like PA that it's reasonably lively and rather opinionated at times, yet well-mannered on balance. Once in a while someone would ruffle somebody else's feathers, but nothing lethal. 

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 19:14
^ Your face is lethal
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2014 at 13:05
This is a fun thread! I cannot understand why anyone gets bent out of shape here. This is a music site! People who get this upset over trivialities on a forum must really lead lonely lives out there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345