Topic ClosedGoblin - Melbourne, 14th July 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 20:10
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Suspiria has some trippy experimental-sounding music on it, so one person's "consistent" might not be another's. Great score but I've always preferred Zombi aka Dawn Of The Dead to that one.
I understand the 'consistency' bit, but when something like a goofy, boogie piano piece comes through the speakers (a piece on 'Zombi' - don't recall the title) I think "eek".......that lets the whole thing down (for me), but as I mentioned earlier, maybe in the context of the films, it probably makes perfect sense.

I love "Torta en Faccia!" I know what you mean. A couple tracks on Zombi stand out like that.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 20:20

There's an album called 'Amo Non Amo' - side 1 features tracks to the film of the same name (starring Jacqueline Bissett) and side 2 is compilation of 4 tracks from earlier albums.  Side 1 is pretty weak.  Not the 'Goblin' many of us have come to love.

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 20:31

There's an album called 'Amo Non Amo' - side 1 features tracks to the film of the same name (starring Jacqueline Bissett) and side 2 is compilation of 4 tracks from earlier albums.  Side 1 is pretty weak.  Not the 'Goblin' many of us have come to love.

I have the title track and one other on one of the Goblin Rarities CDs that Cinevox issued. Yeah, that's an oddball. I actually do NOT own the actual soundtrack. As much a Goblin freak as I am, I never felt like shelling out for it.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 21:23

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

^ what a great piece of work that is! Not one bad track of Suspiria if you ask me. Love Black Forest/Black Concert. One of the longest songs they ever did. ;)
'Suspiria' is amazing - probably is their most consistent from the albums I have (8 - including the Reale Brittanico album) Thumbs Up - otherwise it's Cherry Five all the way.

Oh I do like Your enthusiasm here for Cherry 5. Sadly, I've not picked it up yet Tom, but when I do i will be sure to let ya know mr. Suspiria Tom. And with that purchase I'll have 8 Goblin albums as well. ;)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 00:47

^ what a great piece of work that is! Not one bad track of Suspiria if you ask me. Love Black Forest/Black Concert. One of the longest songs they ever did. ;)
'Suspiria' is amazing - probably is their most consistent from the albums I have (8 - including the Reale Brittanico album) Thumbs Up - otherwise it's Cherry Five all the way.

Oh I do like Your enthusiasm here for Cherry 5. Sadly, I've not picked it up yet Tom, but when I do i will be sure to let ya know mr. Suspiria Tom. And with that purchase I'll have 8 Goblin albums as well. ;)
!!!!!
Cherry Five are more Yes than Goblin.  I just love the album, end to end.  If you dig Yes, you should be impressed with this one.  Here's news (LOL) - I haven't listened to 'Roller' for many, many years Shocked...........
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 01:00

!!!!!
Cherry Five are more Yes than Goblin.  I just love the album, end to end.  If you dig Yes, you should be impressed with this one.  Here's news (LOL) - I haven't listened to 'Roller' for many, many years Shocked...........

Tom. I just bought it. Found a new copy for 11$. Should get it in the mail in 2 weeks.
I love Yes, so I'll be looking forward to this. Hey hey! Make it 8 now!! Lol
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 01:11

!!!!!

Tom. I just bought it. Found a new copy for 11$. Should get it in the mail in 2 weeks.
I love Yes, so I'll be looking forward to this. Hey hey! Make it 8 now!! Lol
Bargain !!  By no means a Yes clone, but similar styling.  Pignatelli plays bass like Squire, a Rickenbacker too Thumbs Up
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 01:15

!!!!!
Tom. I just bought it. Found a new copy for 11$. Should get it in the mail in 2 weeks. I love Yes, so I'll be looking forward to this. Hey hey! Make it 8 now!! Lol
Bargain !!  By no means a Yes clone, but similar styling.  Pignatelli plays bass like Squire, a Rickenbacker too Thumbs Up

I know I'm gonna love it. Members from Goblin being completely symphonic I shall adore. Another side to the amazing talents of certain Goblin members. I hear the vocals are nice as well when talking about this album in the RPI Den. ;)
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 01:22
^ Tony Tartarini - also from Uovo di Colombo.
I remember a friend of mine came across a Funk compilation disc and the track 'Snip Snap' was one of the cuts !!
Deborahmax View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Spamasque Bar India

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2013 at 02:04
I really love this Show! Its just Awesome..thanks for sharing such wonderful information and pictures. I am eagerly waiting to attend shows again and again..
Blart View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 01:32
THANK YOU for posting this!  I wouldn't have known about the upcoming (first ever) Toronto show otherwise.

Bassist with G2R.ca
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 06:12
^ see you there, Blart!!! It's gonna be great. I'll be at the front going crazy when they play Mad Puppet live.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 06:31
Call out a "Play all of `Roller'!!" for me, Nick!

I actually did this at their first Melbourne show, and it even turned up on the boot of the show! Naughty recorder must not have been too far away!
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 11:50
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Call out a "Play all of `Roller'!!" for me, Nick!

They'd have to be haul me away in a straitjacket on a stretcher if they did due to the mixture of disbelief/euphoria!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 14:14
^^ guys. I've listened to about 12 different Goblin albums and I have to say that ROLLER really is their best piece of music. I think I would have to be wheeled in with a mask, on an upward stretcher nicely tied up like Hannibal Lecter if I were to find out that ROLLER would be played in is entirety.

Good call guys! Good call.
Blart View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 22:23
Hey Progbethyname... sounds like a plan!  :-)  I'm hoping to drive in from Waterloo with a couple of friends if the schedule works out.
Bassist with G2R.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123