FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSteve Howe Trio at Swindon 7/9/13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Howe Trio at Swindon 7/9/13
    Posted: September 08 2013 at 11:21
Nice to have a Steve back at the Arts Centre for the first time in about 4-5 years. His trio includes his son Dylan and organist Ross Stanley. They play a much more Jazzy less heavy style compared to say Yes that is ideal for small venues that seat a small number of people like Swindon Art Centre. This was the second leg of the tour that kicked off Friday night at Wimbourne in Dorset. I'm not that familiar with Steve Howe's solo music so it would be difficult for me to name all the tracks but I liked everything he played. Naturally though it was the covers of Yes classics Heart Of The Sunrise , excepts from Close To The Edge and Siberia Khatru that got the biggest reactions. Dylan is a more than capable drummer and handled Heart Of The Sunrise superbly while Ross was extremely impressive at times displaying great dexterity on the keys. They also did a few other covers of Joni Mitchell and Hollies songs which to be honest were probably my least favourite part of the evening but still enjoyable. The first half was about 45 minutes and the second half 60 minutes. Steve talked about Yes a little bit and the upcoming 3 album tour and shared some banter with a member of the audience who was perhaps a little worse for wear. Overall a very nice evening and not too costly at £20. Cheers!

Edited by richardh - September 08 2013 at 11:22
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2013 at 11:29
Sounds like a cool show.  I like his solo albums and the Steve Howe Trio albums that I have.  
 Post Reply Post Reply