Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJean Jean (France) for Post/Math Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jean Jean (France) for Post/Math Rock
    Posted: October 23 2013 at 05:09

"Jean Jean is two guys who decide to start a band with a name to the square because it makes them laugh, but two is a little empty, so they accompanied by various instruments, either keyboard or bass, or both. Our three bearded bespactacled go to celebrate the new year 2010 in a secluded cabin, alone, with a few micophones and mountains to witness. A week later, their first EP was recorded 5 songs catchy beetwen math-rock dancefloor turmoil and spontaneity. They pass through this hard to chain tours across Europe, in places as diverse a squat / skate park in Slovenia, the window of building in the chic boulevard Rivoli in Paris, an abondoned bunker in snow, Germany, but also very beautiful venues like the Trabendo, the Work of Hands, the FMR point or Black Ball. Now they are releasing a second album on Head Records". - Mandai Distribution http://www.mandai.be/jean-jean-symmetry_51432

"(...) Jean Jean is an ultra-techy but way listenable math rock trio ( fine, sometimes a duo, sometimes a trio, but they're a trio on Facebook right this second!) from France, and I'v spoken lovingly of them before - their 2010 self-titled EP knocked, again, my socks off around October 2011. Their aproach prominently features guitars, synth, and drums, and band members Sebastien Torregrossa, Edouard Lebrun, and Jean Mass wield these instruments with such precision, I could  set my watch to their tunes (...) "  - from "Crate-Digging: Jean Jean -  Symmetry" by Ryan "Critical" Masteller http://criticalmassesmedia.com/2013/10/crate-digging-jean-jean-symmetry/

"Creative and bouncy post-rock with nods to math, this album manages to flow seamlessly between hard hitting distorded climaxes and grooving, angular melody play, worth every penny. Fav track: Wonder Bras"

"I love this cd. The way it changes "flavor" during fresher. AGH awesome. Favourite track: Fresher"

Edited by Svetonio - October 23 2013 at 11:44
 Post Reply Post Reply