Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYour Most Played... Ever!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2016 at 20:28
All from my teens, because nowadays I listen to a lot more variety, but back then listened to the same few albums over and over, and little else....

Men At Work - Cargo.  My first cassette at age 12-13. Every day for months on my Walkman, because it was the only cassette I had and I Loved it.

Yes - 90125  My first intro to Yes (age 14-15?), and me and friends thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Rush -  Moving Pictures/2112   My intro to Rush (age 14-15) both on the same cassette, about equal listening time. 

U2 - The Joshua Tree.  (at least the addictive side 1--often skipped side 2).   

Paul Simon - Graceland. Still think this is a brilliant album

After this, a tossup of other albums including  Classic Yes; Sting, Dream of the Blue Turtles/Nothing Like The Sun; Rush, Power Windows/Grace Under Pressure/Permanent Waves; Mannheim Steamroller, Fresh Aire series (esp Fresh Aire III, my fave); and some classical tapes that I don't remember now (mostly Chopin, my fave classical composer).

Edited by zwordser - August 15 2016 at 11:24
Z
Miss Soprenor View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2016 at 17:18
Rick Wakeman - Journey to the Center of the Earth
Joni Mitchell - Travelogue
Monteverdi - 7th and 8th book of mandrigals
Yes - Fragile / Tormato
Genesis - Trespass
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Chad and Jeremy - the Ark
Peter Gabriel - So
Simon and Garfunkel - Greatest Hits
CSNY - Deja Vu
Elvis Costello - Brutal Youth / Juliet Letters
Rolling Stones - Goat Heads Soup
This is what I could think of on the spot. I listen to music most of the time and it's sad because I often overplay music until it "gets old." But the good thing is that every time I return to whatever I overplay after staying away from it for a while, I still get the same kind of warm feeling and enjoyment out of it, so that's good.
TheLionOfPrague View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2016 at 19:59
1-By the Way-Red Hot Chili Peppers (My first album, got it when I was 10)
2-All That you Can't Leave Behind-U2 (One of the albums I grew up listening at home)
3-The Division Bell (One of the 2 albums that got me into Floyd, the other being The Wall)
4-Selling England by the Pound-Genesis (One of the first prog albums I got and one of my favorite, so...)
5-Trilogy-ELP/Fragile-Yes/A Night at the Opera-Queen. I guess it was probably one of those)

I guess it could also be one of The Beatles like White Album or Revolver as they were also one of the first bands I became a fan of. Seventh Sojourn by Moody Blues and ITCOTKC are others I have listened to a lot. 
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567