9 [12.86%]
1 [1.43%]
7 [10.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2023 at 08:23
I wonder what the poll results would have been if Black Sabbath had not been in the poll. I would not even call them "doom metal". Yes, they more or less invented the sound, but they were also so much more. 
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2023 at 08:31
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

I wonder what the poll results would have been if Black Sabbath had not been in the poll. I would not even call them "doom metal". Yes, they more or less invented the sound, but they were also so much more. 
I would've voted for Anathema if Black Sabbath weren't in the poll, although most Doom Metal is an anathema to me. Confused
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2023 at 09:47
I've been on a bit of a doom metal kick lately and listened to Reverend Bizarre a lot so a vote for them. I've voted (and commented) earlier already, but OP said to vote as many as you like. 

Is this an anthem or what?!??!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2023 at 10:14
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

I would've voted for Anathema if Black Sabbath weren't in the poll, although most Doom Metal is an anathema to me. Confused

Anathema stopped being Doom Metal once we entered the new millenium, the last such album being Judgement in 1999 . They did a series of alternative rock albums but then went on hiatus for a good few years before coming back with the rather superb albums We Are Here Because We're Here and Weather Systems. This is more coming from a post rock, maybe even post metal direction and not afraid to deal with deeply spiritual themes and even the odd duet here and there! The last 2 albums Distant Satellites and The Optimist showed a consolidation of ideas rather than any progression. They were to record a new album in 2020 but then announced that they were on hiatus again.
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2023 at 13:17

just the '70s Black Sabbath
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234