Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHi from Mato of Slovakia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from Mato of Slovakia
    Posted: January 28 2014 at 05:05
exactly from small town in its middle part... Ziar nad Hronom.
I am guitarist and music composer listening to various kinds of music, most of all weird prog metal and experimental ambient stuff. As a 80s kid I love classic thrash bands too, which are the foundation to my liking of harder music.
So, from Megadeth, Kreator, Testament, Demolition Hammer, Exodus across the classic prog bands of seveties like Yes, Crimson or JTull to modern wizards like Ron Jarzombek, Steve Vai, Neal Morse and experimental (non rock) side of thing like FSOL, Amon Tobin, or various dark ambient stuff I might be very satisfied listener. As a musician it is similar (ly schizophrenic). I love to explore new territories and therefore often jump from thing to thing... for better or worse... but at least I cant say, my musical life is boring ! :-) Lot of talent and inspiration around...

glad to be part of the community of musicians and this forum, hopefully I will get the chance to broaden my horizons and also to present my own stuff here.

good day everybody

Mato Huba
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2014 at 05:13
Hi--  great artists there, I'd see Exodus frequently back in the early '80s (when Kirk Hammett was their guitarist !), and I'm a huge Jarzombek fan too.

Welcome to the site, Mato.

AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2014 at 13:00
Glad to have you aboard Mato.

Your town appears to be in nice setting by the Hron river and surrounding country side.
Mato View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 01:13
Hi Guys,

glad to join and meet you... yes, place where I live is quite nice, small quiet town surrounded by hills, nice countryside (although one of the most industrialized towns in Slovakia it is still great in comparison with big, polluted cities of the world)

it is great to take walks here... and to write music too ! :-)

www.martinhuba.bandcamp.com
www.atomhub.net
Mato View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 01:16
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Hi--  great artists there, I'd see Exodus frequently back in the early '80s (when Kirk Hammett was their guitarist !), and I'm a huge Jarzombek fan too.

Welcome to the site, Mato.

Interesting ! have never seen Exodus live. I was hugely into Kreator, but have not seen them either, BUT this march they should appear gigging in my hometown ! So I am thrilled to go see them play finally. (I missed them in Bratislava and elsewhere in Slovakia for few times)
www.martinhuba.bandcamp.com
www.atomhub.net
 Post Reply Post Reply