Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lords of Kraut at the Church of Noise (Germany)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLords of Kraut at the Church of Noise (Germany)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lords of Kraut at the Church of Noise (Germany)
    Posted: April 04 2014 at 22:30

"In the days of spring 2004 a new star flashed and sparkled for a very short time at the skies of psychedelic Krautsalat. For a few weeks six valiant weirdos - who found themselves being the Lords of Kraut - came together at the stage of a former, very big discotheque in the hessian hinterland, a place where village dancing and weekly hoedowns had happened some years ago. Now it was orphaned and empty but the complete furniture was still there! Inspired by the strange atmosphere of this unique place, the Lords christened it to the name "the Church of Noise" and began to release the loads of their completely different musical tastes and interests on each other.

The music that emerged from this was a mixture of freely improvised „krauty" soundscapes and roughly ralphed out compositional ideas of one or the other of the Lords. The singer, Exo, was lucky enough, to capture most of their music on a mini-disc-recorder. Later he added some sound-producing and cut the tracks to the privately released CD-R „... bite!". More refinement of the material failed due to the short living of the project. On the other hand it was just the roughness and crudity, the freshness and virginity that gave the Lords their unique and distinctive sound!" (Heinrich Philipp Liebeskraft, „The unknown side of Kraut“)

- I But You -

You are delightful doch ich bin das Leiden
You are a sightful doch I look bescheiden
You are the Hoffnung, wenn ich bin vorbei
You makes me happy, so deeply I could cry

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I ... but you!

Ich hab 'nen Schatten you stand in the light
Your smile lights my darkness, das geht zu weit
Wir beide im Dunkeln enlighten the day
Dein Leuchten, mein Funkeln, they show us a way
(and away)

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I ... but you!

Du bist die Sonne and I am the planet
Der sich um dich dreht aber never he cannot
Berühren the flame without burning die Finger
You are the song aber I am your singer

the lyrics written by Exo Neutrino, the singer of LOK@CON  

http://exoneutrino.bandcamp.com/album/lords-of-kraut-at-the-church-of-noise-bite

released 22 January 2014
LoK@CoN are:

Orkan Hurrikan (grunge guitar, some vocals)
Flying Guitarman (floyd guitar, some drumming)
Solid Bassman (bass guitar)
Captain Thunderstick (drums)
Benny der Hobbit (percussion, strange noises, hobbit voice)
Exo Neutrino (vocals, toy keyboard, some fumble guitar)

music recorded in spring 2004 at CoN
edited and mixed by Exo Neutrino 2005
graphics: Dualität des Signs

No Rekorz 001 

Edited by Svetonio - April 05 2014 at 04:08
    yam yam View Drop Down
    Forum Senior Member
    Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 20:37
    ^  I just read the introduction. Shocked This project was basically six weirdos who assembled on the stage of a large, disused and abandoned discotheque in the hessian hinterland - a place which they christened "the Church of Noise" - and just bounced a mixture of freely improvised "krauty" soundscapes off each other over a period of a few weeks. One of them managed to capture most of their music on a mini-disc-recorder, and with a bit of subsequent tweaking, burned it to a CD-R! LOL

More refinement of the material failed due to the short life of the project.

Somehow I don't think these guys are going to find a home on here anytime soon.  Ermm

The 'project', as they call it, certainly scores high marks for its 'novelty factor' though!  Big smile
     Post Reply Post Reply