Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBrowsing a Band's Discography

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Browsing a Band's Discography
    Posted: April 06 2014 at 12:14
This is something I thought of while skimming through a band's discography and wanting to see the lineups for each album. It'd be a nice convenience if there were some arrows or something on the page of the album itself that would take you to the next/previous album in the discography, just to save all that time going back and forth. I don't possess any major skills with webpage editing so I don't know how hard that would be to install that feature onto every band on this album (probably hard now that I think about it) but it's just something I thought of.

Sorry if this was something previously suggested, I am new here.

Edited by ebil0505 - April 06 2014 at 12:15
"I like to think oysters transcend national barriers." - Roger Waters
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 22:05
Yes!!  I've long wanted that feature.  I think the hardest thing would be defining what the next album is.  Next album in the same category?  Next album chronologically?  Hmmm...
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 22:44
Back in the day, all the albums (at least within that category...not sure it was every single one...too much time has elapsed for my memory) were listed on the side of the page when viewing a specific album, which made navigation quite easy.

If we could get that back, that'd be great. I can't recall why it was removed though.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2014 at 01:51
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Back in the day, all the albums (at least within that category...not sure it was every single one...too much time has elapsed for my memory) were listed on the side of the page when viewing a specific album, which made navigation quite easy.

If we could get that back, that'd be great. I can't recall why it was removed though.

That's exactly what I was thinking reading the OP. I never understood why that feature was canceled, I think it was about 6 or 7 years ago. I remember it like you Phil, when browsing to a specific album all the albums from that category (studio, live, compilations) were listed on the right side of the page. Maybe it became a problem for bands with big discographies? Anyway that would be great going back to that but instead of showing the album's covers, there should be links to them.
But taking into consideration that this site is stuck the way it is for years without developing, evolving or being improved I doubt that we will ever see a change.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2014 at 12:18
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking reading the OP. I never understood why that feature was canceled, I think it was about 6 or 7 years ago. I remember it like you Phil, when browsing to a specific album all the albums from that category (studio, live, compilations) were listed on the right side of the page. Maybe it became a problem for bands with big discographies? Anyway that would be great going back to that but instead of showing the album's covers, there should be links to them.But taking into consideration that this site is stuck the way it is for years without developing, evolving or being improved I doubt that we will ever see a change.

I believe you had the option to show the album covers or not show them and just have the titles displayed.

And in regards to your last line...too true.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply