FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2014 NBA Playoffs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 NBA Playoffs
    Posted: April 20 2014 at 08:59
Everyone ready for NBA's second season?  Surprising to see the Pacers go down in game 1, but they are still my pick to win the Eastern Conference.  The Warriors/Clippers series should be excellent if their first game is any indication.  Which teams/matchups are you all pulling for?
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2014 at 15:50
I don't think the Pacers will win the Eastern Conference. I'm going with either the Nets or the Heat for that Eastern Conference crown, while in the West, I think it will be either the Thunder or the Spurs..

NBA is extremely predictable every year...
Prog 74 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 07:56
Not sure I would use the word predictable, but for some reason in the NBA it's easier for teams to remain competitive longer than in the NFL or MLB.  In the 90s you knew the Bulls would always be there at the end, in the 80s it was either the Lakers or Celtics.  Hell, the Celtics won 11 championships in 13 years from 1957-1969.  That's amazing.  Sure for non-Boston fans it was probably a little tiresome.  The 70s was really the only decade in which seemingly a different team won the championship every year.  However, I've always enjoyed the post-season regardless of the sport.  Each game means something.  Fans hang on hope that their team will win it all.  It's both intense and exciting.  That said I do believe that getting there is far more exciting than being there.  The Superbowl is annually one of the most overrated spectacles in all of sports and the game itself is generally a one-sided blowout.  If in this year's Finals it's the Spurs and Heat (again) then yeah I may not watch much of it.  But, right now it's the hope that it won't be either the Spurs or Heat that makes these games fun.  Last night's game between the Trailblazers and the Rockets was outstanding and which should indicate that the entire series between these teams will be worth watching.  That's the sort of the thing I love about the NBA playoffs - great teams battling it out over a best of seven series.  It's wonderful! 
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 08:37
^ The Rockets will never win with their coach and Harden who hogs the ball incessantly. 

I just hope that "the King" and his minions are crying at the end of this playoffs when they get creamed.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 09:02
The Pistons are going to win it all!!!!  Oh wait. Too bad there isn't an NIT for the second-tier teams like there is in college. LOL
Prog 74 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2014 at 08:04

It was a very thrilling game last night between the Thunder and the Grizzlies!  I wasn't expecting Memphis to steal a game in OKC.  Pretty cool.

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2014 at 10:27
Originally posted by Prog 74 Prog 74 wrote:

It was a very thrilling game last night between the Thunder and the Grizzlies!  I wasn't expecting Memphis to steal a game in OKC.  Pretty cool.

Mind you Memphis beat OKC en route to their Conference finals last year. Tony Allen is a real beast of a defender.Clap
Prog 74 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2014 at 07:58
Maybe I had the Pacers overrated?  Down 2-1 to an 8 seed?  Damn.  Memphis is also looking good against OKC (up 2-1), which I wasn't really expecting.  I guess I assumed the Thunder and Pacers would easily advance to the 2nd round.  That's clearly not the case.  Very interesting playoffs so far...
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2014 at 09:13
^ The Hawks were in the top 4 for a while until their team started to get injured. Mind you they would be better if they still had Al Horford.. Paul Millsap was a good choice to replace Josh Smith.

Memphis are also a team that BEAT the Thunder last year in the playoffs. Marc Gasol has been injured for a lot of this year and they've had other injuries as well. They are finally healthy and their defense is playing amazingly well.. I see this series being decided down to the wire as we saw last night.
Prog 74 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 08:11
5 game sevens this weekend!  A basketball lovers dream.  The Trailblazers win last night prevented us from having 6 game sevens, but man what a finish to that game!  Absolutely fantastic!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 09:42

5 game sevens this weekend!  A basketball lovers dream.  The Trailblazers win last night prevented us from having 6 game sevens, but man what a finish to that game!  Absolutely fantastic!

The Rockets really have blown what could have been a good year with poor coaching and mis-utilization of important players on the team. I'm also not confident of James Harden as your go-to-guy. He misses so many shots...They also didn't use two pretty decent point guards (Lin and Brooks, but traded) They have a lot of questions to answer...

But I'm looking forward to the other games tonight, especially OKC vs MEM, which is a great series.
Prog 74 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 08:40
Not too surprised to see the home teams win yesterday, but was happy that the games were competitive and exciting to watch.  I still felt like the Warriors should've won that series.  Turnovers killed them.  Not to mention all of the distractions the Clippers have had to deal with off the court for the last several days.  So kudos to them to be able to focus on the task at hand and get the job done.  I agree with you on the Rockets, but those games could have gone either way.  Each game was very close.  The Rockets just didn't have the shots when they needed them, especially from Harden.  He seems like a good player, but I agree he probably shouldn't be the go-to-guy. 
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 09:34

Not too surprised to see the home teams win yesterday, but was happy that the games were competitive and exciting to watch.  I still felt like the Warriors should've won that series.  Turnovers killed them.  Not to mention all of the distractions the Clippers have had to deal with off the court for the last several days.  So kudos to them to be able to focus on the task at hand and get the job done.  I agree with you on the Rockets, but those games could have gone either way.  Each game was very close.  The Rockets just didn't have the shots when they needed them, especially from Harden.  He seems like a good player, but I agree he probably shouldn't be the go-to-guy. 

He shouldn't be the go-to-guy.. He just hogs the ball LOLLOL Sad because Houston has many capable offensive weapons.. They should have won that series if they had a better coach.
 Post Reply Post Reply