Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Releases List?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Releases List?
    Posted: June 19 2014 at 01:25
You know that list of the five latest releases on the right hand side of the main page?
How about a link, perhaps underneath that list, where you can access the last hundred entries or so?
The list tends to grow quite fast and I find myself missing a certain amount of entries through time reasons, and sometimes I would welcome the chance to catch up on it.
Mind_Drive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2014 at 06:33
there is already the recently added list but its not the same for it contains also livealbums and older albums by bands that were just added to the archives.

so i think this would be a nice feature to the site. Smile and iŽd also be interested in some kind of "upcommung releases schedule" or wasnŽt there a forumthread on this already?
It's just a ride... <3
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2014 at 13:15
Nice ideaSmile
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2014 at 13:26
Originally posted by Mind_Drive Mind_Drive wrote:

there is already the recently added list but its not the same for it contains also livealbums and older albums by bands that were just added to the archives.so i think this would be a nice feature to the site. Smile and iŽd also be interested in some kind of "upcommung releases schedule" or wasnŽt there a forumthread on this already?

There's the forum section prog news/press releases that to some degree tells you about upcoming releases and new releases, but it's rather haphazard and doesn't cover everything. Would love something like this on the forum so I could plan how I wish to spend my money.

On the other hand, sometimes it can be difficult to predict. I don't know how many times I knew a CD was to be released on say February 1, 2012 and then kept waiting and looking, waiting and looking, no word on the band's website, no word from any of the online shops. February comes and goes, then March, then 2012. I give up on it completely and then one day in say April 2014, BAM! There it is. I know there are a couple right now that I'm in the give up on stage now (Phideaux I'm looking at you.    )
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2014 at 13:40
To plug Mike's website http://progfreak.com/ he has this option.  Problem is that it only gets updated once in a while by the two or three of us who use it on a regular basis so it isn't all encompassing. If more people were willing to use his site I'm sure that it would provide a more encompassing list.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2014 at 14:02

An idea I'd support.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2014 at 17:39
yeah, we could make a sticky thread in the prog news forums where one admin would somehow supervise providing any new release infos.
with for example one part covering the upcoming releases and the other part showing the new releases of lets say the last few months or so.

the other members could contribute in posting news they gather which are then included into the opening post by the admin to create some kind of overview.

the question is, if there is someone who likes to do this kind of work Wink
It's just a ride... <3
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2014 at 13:42
hey you guys!i think such a thread summing up all upcomming releases would be most awesome!

donŽt you? ^^

in case none of the admis wants to do this but you others like the idea, i would try to host such a thread.

so here is the idea:
you provide infos, starter of the thread "upcomming prog releases" collects them and edits the opening post to give an overview. info must not be detailed.. such as: "new genesis album maybe this fall" should be enough ;)

what you think? Smile
Thumbs Up  or  Thumbs Down  ?
It's just a ride... <3
 Post Reply Post Reply