Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAudrey Fall (Latvia) for Post Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audrey Fall (Latvia) for Post Rock
    Posted: July 11 2014 at 07:44

Audrey Fall is a four-piece instrumental post-rock/metal band from Jelgava, Latvia. Formed in 2010, the band has gone through a line-up and music style change. After working on their new material for 2 years, the band returns with their self-recorded debut album “Mitau”, released on January 14th, 2014. Band is currently unsigned.

Their music features influences from both the soft side of post-rock and the heavier side of post-metal, resulting in contrasting sounds, progressive rhythms and distinct melodies. Andrey Fall are:
Jurģis Narvils - Guitar
Elvijs Pūce - Guitar
Pauls Jaks - Bass
Aigars Lībergs - Drums

https://www.facebook.com/audreyfall 

"Band number two on my "Bands to Listen to" list: Audrey Fall.  The first thing you should know about them is that they're from Latvia!  Congrats to them for being the first Latvian band that I'm listening to!  Again, because I disabled myself from my Facebook, I searched them on YouTube and listened to the most played songs:  "Ghosts," "Love is Profession," "Cartesian Coordinates."

The first thing that I noticed and probably one of the most interesting things I've heard from this post-hardcore band is the screamer - the screaming sounds more like chanting to me and I kinda like it!  It definitely took me by surprise but I think it works well with their sound.  My ears could be playing tricks on me but in some aspects, Audrey Fall sort of reminds me of We Came As Romans as far as drums and guitar goes, and sometimes they exhibit the same type of contrast between the screamer and the singer similarly to WCAR, which I'm not complaining about ("Cartesian Coordinates" is where I heard this).  One thing that I really like about Audrey Fall is that sometimes they don't have any vocals and focus on the music track itself ("Love is a Profession").  It gave me time to really listen and appreciate the music, so in all honesty, I feel as if I would only listen to their music more than acutally going out to see them although if I was invited to go see them somewhere, I wouldn't object to it.

No indication on whether these guys will be in the US, let alone Texas, anytime soon, but they do have an EP out called Daylight Owls where you can hear these lovely tracks!" http://sirisvay.blogspot.com/2012/04/audrey-fall.html

"2014 has been such an impressive year for post-rock in just two short months. We’ve had four relatively high profile album releases and a plethora of bands new and old emerging with new efforts. Standing out in the current crowd of new releases is no easy task and Audrey Falls has done just that with “Mitau”. This is an album that is built for longevity and will surely see some year end lists. It might have taken them time to find their identity, but with one gem under their belts, the future is bright for this young Latvian powerhouse." http://postrockstar.com/2014/03/14/audrey-fall-mitau/

"Each song, builds, blows up, collapses, and rebuilds in surprising ways. Mitau is actually exciting to listen to. I don’t know if I’ve ever described an album that way. There is a pent up energy throughout the entire album, an earnestness that compels you to keep listening. It’s almost exhausting to listen to, but in a way which, by the time you reach the end of the closing track, “Medem”, makes you want to listen to it again."  http://postinthename.svbtle.com/review-mitau-audrey-fall

• CD

Comes in a high quality physical digipack with cover photo by Kevin Russ. Self released in Latvia.

Includes immediate download of 10-track album in the high-quality format of your choice (MP3, FLAC, and more), plus unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app. 

released 14 January 2014

Edited by Svetonio - July 12 2014 at 15:34
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2014 at 06:22
Added to the PF charts. Thanks.
Magma America Great Make Again
 Post Reply Post Reply