Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreetings from Perth, Australia!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from Perth, Australia!
    Posted: July 12 2014 at 21:54
Hey there fellow proggers. 

I'm Leon - an amateur pianist from Perth, WA. I have an avid vinyl collection of Dream Theater, Marillion, Porcupine Tree, Katatonia, The Pineapple Thief, Riverside and Anathema records - along with some Muse, Radiohead and a significant amount of classical music. 

Was so close to even flying half way around the world to attend the Progressive Nation at Sea cruise this year! But alas, the geographical and financial constraints stopped me. But who knows? Could well happen again.

Anyway, I also have a YouTube page of piano covers in prog, pop and classical works. My latest cover shows a lot more effort and care than previous works - Anathema's 'One Last Goodbye' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgDMeSvgLZ8 - and now want to target a niche community of proggers who share and appreciate the passion I have. Thus my future covers will be centred around that soaring, emotive prog we all know and love.

Cheers and I hope you enjoy,
Leon.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2014 at 21:59
Hey there Leon, good to see another fellow Australian!

Ahh, Australia....the musical centre of the world for all things progressive rock, eh!?

OK, so kidding, but good to see we're growing in number...surely enough Aussie prog fans to eventually take over the world soon!

Enjoy your time on the Archives!

PS - Anathema are coming to Australia in a few weeks, only found out about it a few days ago! Thinking of going, but I'm really more of a fan of their earlier albums.

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - July 12 2014 at 21:59
LeonD. View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2014 at 23:01
Haha Indeed. Seems like prog is still very much in infancy in this country but alas, we'll do our best to change that!

I'm unfortunately going to be in Europe when Anathema come. Otherwise I would've flown east to see them. Though by some right-time-right-place miracle I might be able to catch them overseas which would be awesome. :)
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2014 at 02:03
Welcome! 
 Post Reply Post Reply