FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWorldwide solidarity with Gaza

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 13:37
Man that's 1921. And it's race even more so than religion. 
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 13:47
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

With Christianism, I think it's fair to call those cases "exceptions". They are somewhat rare. Atrocious, savage, etc. But rare. 

With Islam they are not rare. 

Pure trolling.
Why

When you combine right wing extremism with religion there is plenty of violence to go around...
True. 

But the tons of cases of that combination we have here in the US for example haven't really done much physical violence to anybody (tons of psychological violence though, if we can call it that way). 

You can not look to soft varieties of Protestantism (which you probably belong or your parents, or neighbors, and I apologize if I'm wrong) and to compare it with the Orthodox church in the Balkans because the Protestants doesn't have monasteries. In the monasteries there is the strongest concentration of clerical extremists. The abbots have actually the strongest influence in the whole Ortodox church. Thus, for example, the abbot of Serbian Hilandar monastery ( which is located in Greece on a peninsula and which enjoying some extraterritorial status)  was an old fascist who was in WW2 and belonged to "Serbisch SS" unit. He was very influential in '90s and you can imagine what his role was
On other side are the Jesuits, who were/are nothing better. 
I remind you that the monasteries here are centuries old. For centuries, they carried forward by their conspiracies.
TV evangelists in America, even the most aggressive ones, they can not be even compared to these guys here in Balkans monasteries.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 14:05
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

With Christianism, I think it's fair to call those cases "exceptions". They are somewhat rare. Atrocious, savage, etc. But rare. 

Pure trolling.
Why

When you combine right wing extremism with religion there is plenty of violence to go around...
True. 

But the tons of cases of that combination we have here in the US for example haven't really done much physical violence to anybody (tons of psychological violence though, if we can call it that way). 

You can not look to soft varieties of Protestantism (which you probably belong or your parents, or neighbors, and I apologize if I'm wrong) and to compare it with the Orthodox church in the Balkans because the Protestants doesn't have monasteries. In the monasteries there is the strongest concentration of clerical extremists. The abbots have actually the strongest influence in the whole Ortodox church. Thus, for example, the abbot of Serbian Hilandar monastery ( which is located in Greece on a peninsula and which enjoying some extraterritorial status)  was an old fascist who was in WW2 and belonged to "Serbisch SS" unit. He was very influential in '90s and you can imagine what his role was
I remind you that the monasteries here are centuries old. For centuries, they carried forward by their conspiracies.
TV evangelists in America, even the most aggressive ones, they can not be even compared to these guys here in Balkans monasteries.

Wrong yet again. There are a number of monasteries who take the Anglican Communion, which, the last time I looked,  was a Protestant church.

A little knowledge.................
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 14:21
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

Pure trolling.
Why

True. 

Wrong yet again. There are a number of monasteries who take the Anglican Communion, which, the last time I looked,  was a Protestant church.

A little knowledge.................
LOL that's something else. These are communities that live the common life style. They have the right even not to live in celibacy. Nothing that can be compared with the Orthodox or Catholic monasteries (which dissolved in a part of your island at the time of Tudors, wasn't it so?), especially not in the Balkans.

Bishop Filaret in Slavonia, Croatia, 1991

Edited by Svetonio - August 12 2014 at 15:20
Gamemako View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 14:57

Man that's 1921. And it's race even more so than religion. 

The two can be indistinguishable at times.
Hail Eris!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112