Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Albums u like/dislike with low/high ratings on PA.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlbums u like/dislike with low/high ratings on PA.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 17:43
I never understood what's the big deal about Anglagard...or Steven Wilson's solo stuff.
Mirror Image View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 18:09
Originally posted by richardhA lot of people like the earlier DT material when they were not just trying to play a million notes a minute and actually wrote some very passable songs. Its a matter of taste. The problem with DT is the material not the quality of playing.[/QUOTE richardhA lot of people like the earlier DT material when they were not just trying to play a million notes a minute and actually wrote some very passable songs. Its a matter of taste. The problem with DT is the material not the quality of playing.[/QUOTE wrote:

Exactly. A band can have the technical proficiency of virtuosos but if the songwriting isn't good, then I'm not interested, which is my problem with progressive metal in general.

Exactly. A band can have the technical proficiency of virtuosos but if the songwriting isn't good, then I'm not interested, which is my problem with progressive metal in general.

“Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.” - Sergei Rachmaninov
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 02:05
Originally posted by Friday13th Friday13th wrote:

I never understood what's the big deal about Anglagard...or Steven Wilson's solo stuff.
I've never understood why some folks have never understood the big deal about Anglagard and Steven Wilson's solo stuff.   This statement baffles me
PJ20 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 06:36

Pink Floyd- The Wall

PJ20 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 06:37

Wish you were here as well

PrognosticMind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 06:46
Originally posted by Mirror Image Mirror Image wrote:

Originally posted by richardhA lot of people like the earlier DT material when they were not just trying to play a million notes a minute and actually wrote some very passable songs. Its a matter of taste. The problem with DT is the material not the quality of playing.</td></tr></table><div><br></div><div>Exactly. A band can have the technical proficiency of virtuosos but if the songwriting <em>isn't</em> good, then I'm not interested, which is my problem with progressive metal in general.<br><div><span style=line-height: 1.2;>[/QUOTE richardhA lot of people like the earlier DT material when they were not just trying to play a million notes a minute and actually wrote some very passable songs. Its a matter of taste. The problem with DT is the material not the quality of playing.

[/QUOTE wrote:

^Thumbs Up

^Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123