Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Phideaux on the way

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jude111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Phideaux on the way
    Posted: September 06 2014 at 10:25
If you follow Phideaux on Facebook, you may have caught his message today:

"I have had such an amazing time this week doing the FINAL vocals for my upcoming album, Infernal. Things have changed and morphed so dramatically, it's gratifying. I now truly am on the slope down and we only have a few tiny final bits of guitar to do and then we can mix. Soooon - the end is coming."
Menswear View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menswear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 12:50
Hot Dang, I just can't wait to get my hands on this!

Please encourage real talent: buy Phideaux records.

A friend is someone who helps you move. A best friend is someone who helps you move a body.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 13:52
LOL
Wow and to think I just yesterday deleted Infernal from the database due to there being no info on the album, except for what Xavier himself has written either on PA or the ProgressiveEars site.
Oh well, if or hopefully when it finally crystallises into a genuine release, we'll add it in a jiffy. Just felt wrong to have an album listed that doesn't exist. There were even people rating the thingErmm

Edited by Guldbamsen - September 06 2014 at 13:54
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Gully Foyle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gully Foyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 19:08
id emailed him a while back and he indicated that they were hard at work that week doing vocals with Valerie, and that he was excited u how good it was...

i really hope the he comes through on the vinyl box set he indicated at one point, of doomsday, and infernal, and the great leap (i think thats the title)...

i would love to build out my phideaux collection with more discs and vinyl....

there has to be a way to get enough folks to cash up for this guy, he is tremendous...and to get him to tour!
proggman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proggman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 23:35
Great news! I really like Doomsday Afternoon, Number Seven and Snowtorch. So I hope Infernal will be just as good.
When he rides, my fears subside.
For darkness turns once more to light.
Through the skies, his white horse flies.
To find a land beyond the night.
WarmUp Man View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarmUp Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 07:26
early 2015 then?
WarmUp Man Forever!
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 00:55
Originally posted by WarmUp Man WarmUp Man wrote:

early 2015 then?

"Only time will tell, but certainly end of year/start of 2015. All three released simultaneously (that is reissue of Leap and Doom on vinyl/cd)." (Phideaux Xavier on Facebook).
WarmUp Man View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarmUp Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 04:44
Thanks!
WarmUp Man Forever!
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 04:50
I got the vinyl issue of Snowtorch and it's truly a winner - it has so far sold bugger-all copies in the format, so I doubt we'll get any more vinyl pressings from Xavier. Gifted musician, undoubtedly.
Gully Foyle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gully Foyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 12:22
Originally posted by PhideauxFan PhideauxFan wrote:

Originally posted by WarmUp Man WarmUp Man wrote:

early 2015 then?

"Only time will tell, but certainly end of year/start of 2015. All three released simultaneously (that is reissue of Leap and Doom on vinyl/cd)." (Phideaux Xavier on Facebook).

woohoo!  vinyl and cd resissues
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 15:43
^ Wow !!
Andis View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2017 at 12:18
Phideaux... where are you?
"Be yourself. The world worships the original." - Ingrid Bergman
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2017 at 13:38
^ It's going to be a limited edition artisanal LP release. There is some loving care going into this. He's not cutting the vinyl with a lathe, the groove on each record is being inscribed by hand using a diamond-tipped stylus. This takes very careful work. Expected date of release March 3rd 2038.

Edited by Mascodagama - March 23 2017 at 13:39
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnobvious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2018 at 18:49
Deleted: See other thread

Edited by johnobvious - August 10 2018 at 18:51
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
 Post Reply Post Reply